Chapter 14: The Battle of the Helicarrier

I couldn't help but gap at the figure that got blasted through the wall and while I wanted to go check on my birth father, I knew my current father needed me more. If the sirens blaring and the small conversation over comps I overheard correctly, dad was currently angry and had hulked out.

So, leaving the standing Coulson and trapped Thor, I raced through the ship not knowing that due to the blast that was built off of The Destroyer and later slightly modified from the Tesseract, my blood father's mind would go back to being in control while the normal part of him was knocked out. Resulting in the stabbing of Coulson and then Thor being dropped out of the ship.

I raced through the ship, paying no attention to the destroyed parts of the ship that were broken off due to the fight of Thor and Hulk. I raced toward the way hoping that Thor might've just knocked the Hulk out, as unlikely as it sounded.

Instead, I came to a group of agents that were blocking off the edge of the ship and just getting a peak, I saw a small airplane smoking downward with a large green monster on top of it.

Feeling horror overtake me, my mind shut out logic as I raced toward the edge, barely noticing the agents that grabbed onto me, "Daddy!" I shouted toward the air feeling my heart break as I heard Hulk roar in the distant just barely being covered by the sound of the engines working.

I was still struggling after all seemed to have settled and Loki seemed to have gone off in another aircraft.

It wasn't until I couldn't see the airship or a green dot in the distant that I felt myself stop struggling and just slump into the agents that were still holding me back.

I felt tears threaten to overtake me I felt the fight just leave me. I slumped toward the ground and felt the agent awkwardly hold me and pat me on the back seeming to want to be anywhere else.

I stayed like that for a while until the Director came over to me and assessed the situation, having word with some of the men about the fight and finally how I had to be restrained, the Director walked toward me.

"Will my dad be okay?" I asked quietly as I took my sleeve and wiped my nose that was now clogged and tried to wipe my eyes that were still watering.

"I have no doubt someone like your father survived that fall. He will be back, come, let's get you something to drink?" The Director said surprisingly gently as he dismissed the agents around him and easily lifted me up.

While I didn't really like being carried, I didn't mind this time because my energy was spent and I just didn't want to move. So, instead of complaining, I laid my head on his shoulder and tried to take deep breaths as my shoulders continued to shake and tears silently ran down my cheeks.

It didn't take us long for us to arrive to some sort of beat up kitchen on the ship, where the Director sat me down on the countertop being rummaging through the fridge and produced a glass of milk.

"Why do you guys have milk?" I asked as I finally calmed myself slightly enough for my shoulders to stop shaking and my voice only shaking just a little bit.

"Didn't you know, they're good for the bones?" he grunted out almost jokingly and I gave him a hesitant smile as I curled my legs toward my body and accepted the glass of milk that was handed toward me.

"Thank you," I whispered knowing he would understand I wasn't just thanking him for the milk.

"Anytime, kid," he said as we just sat in silence. No words needed to be said, as we both had lost someone, admittedly mine was more-than-likely not dead, but we still lost someone today.

After I polished off the glass of milk, I walked closely with the Director toward the main hall of the building where I took on of the spinning chairs that I sat in earlier, only this time I wasn't spinning in it but rather staring silent at the table, not even moving.