CHAPTER 1

***** Kylee's P.O.V *****

I was sitting in the window seal looking out of the window hoping that this was my lucky day, the day that I was going to get adopted. I have been in Sunny Creek Orphanage since I was five years old. My mom died in car crash she was hit by a drunk driver and my mom always told me that my dad died before I was born.

I heard a knock on my door I quietly said "come in." I'm some what of a quiet person but once I've known the person for awhile I'm not shy at all. One of the ladies that worked at the orphanage came in to my room. I didn't bother to learn their names because I honestly couldn't care less all I wanted was to get out of this jail cell. She told me I had to do my morning chores which was make the bed and clean up around the room and wake everyone else up in my hall. I was 13 almost 14 and was one of the oldest In the orphanage so I had more responsibilities than most of the other children. I then got up from the window seal and made my bed and went to go get up the rest of the children there were only five other rooms in my hallway. Once I got everyone up and made sure they did their chores I went to go get ready I brushed out my hair and put it in a loose side fishtail braid I then put on a grey V neck t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I didn't have the best of clothes since I live in a orphanage. Then one of the orphanage ladies called everyone into the kitchen for breakfast I usually didn't eat because it was usually disgusting and because of that I was quite underweight so the workers would sometimes force me to eat which I wouldn't because I honestly am not the most well behaved child considering I hate almost everyone here accept for my one and only friend here hunter he was 16 and was like an older brother to me although knowing that he would be able to leave the orphanage in two years because of his age crushed me on the inside because then I would be stuck in this death trap with no one to talk to so it would suck! Me and hunter have talked about when that day will come and he has also told me that he would most likely adopt me when he gets out of here if I haven't already been adopted. After breakfast I was snapped out of my thoughts when the workers were literally yelling at me to get up because everyone else had left and I was left at the table alone and they had to clean up. So I went back up to my room and went back to the window seal. I loved sitting there and looking out the window at all the birds flying by and nature. I absolutely loved the outdoors but I never really got to go out there because well I was cooped up in this dumb orphanage.

Then there was a knock at the door I sighed and got up to open the door. I usually have my door shut because a girl has to have her privacy if you know what I mean. I opened the door and saw the one and only Hunter. I pulled him in to a short hug and released him

"Hey" he said

"Hiiii. where were you at breakfast today? " I asked curiously.

"Asleep"

I chuckled lightly and wasn't surprised at all by his answer because he usually always misses breakfast.

"So how's it been going?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Good what about you?"

"Eh ok I guess I mean I'm still waiting for that special family to adopt me." I said getting sadder as I was talking. I swear I thought was never going to get adopted until one of the orphanage workers ( like I said I don't keep track of there names because I honestly couldn't care less about the people who make my life a living nightmare and what there names were) barged in my room without knocking. which was quite rude if you ask me I could have been naked for all they knew. She told me there was someone here to see me. I knitted my eyebrows together questioning if they really wanted to see me. she nodded and I got up telling hunter that id be right back.

****************************************

So i hope you enjoyed the first chapter it was kinda long but oh well. this is my first ever story so it might not be that good but well idk uhhhh I'll update this at least once or twice a day and ya that is pretty much it.😘