Epilogue~Aria

I was at Elena's house almost a month after everything happened. Drake and I announced we were back together. Of course Elena immediately smacked me on the head.

"Are you insane? Do you remember what he did to you?" she questioned.

"Yes. But we worked it out. Really," I insisted when Elena gave me a quizzical look. It looked like she was questioning my sanity.

That was all I could tell her. It's not like I could explain that Drake only pretended to cheat on me so I would hate him and never want to see him again, therefore protecting me from the people who wanted to kill him. I wanted to tell Elena the truth but that would mean revealing Drake's secret.

Thankfully Elena was the best friend I could hope for. She seemed a little worried but accepted my reason for taking Drake back. It still took some time but she began to ease up to Drake again. I guess her seeing how happy we are together helped. And I am happy. Truly and without a doubt, the first time I've been in forever.

"Hey Aria which necklace?" Elena asks. I'm helping her get ready for prom which isn't even for another four hours.

"The one in your left hand. The other one is too flashy," I respond.

Elena looks at the two necklaces and nods her head. "You're right."

I place the simple diamond necklace around her neck. It adds just the right amount of sparkle. It draws your attention to the neckline of her dark purple gown but doesn't take away from it at the same time.

Once I place the lock, Elena pats her hair a couple times and turns around. She stretches her arms out and spins in a circle.

"How do I look?" she asks.

Elena is wearing a strapless floor length gown. The neckline is heart shaped and hugs her figure perfectly. Her hair is up in a braided bun updo and she applied her makeup for a smoky effect. The simple diamond jewelry and dark gray heels complete the perfect outfit.

"Absolutely ravishing," I say with a smile. "Reid is going to go crazy for you."

A guy named Reid in our history class asked Elena to prom. He's sweet in a laid back boyish way. It doesn't seem like he'll get along with Elena's hyper personality but they really click. I can tell she likes him and it won't be long before he does too.

"I know he will," Elena says smugly. She sits back down at her dresser and faces me. Her lip is sticking out in a small pout.

"You sure you can't go? You can just join our group. I promise you won't be a fifth wheel."

I roll my eyes and nod. I've had this conversation with Elena plenty of times. Unfortunately Drake has a mission tonight of all nights. He told me I could take somebody else but that felt like cheating on him.

"Come on! Just because Drake is out of town doesn't mean you need to miss out on the best day of your life!"

"It's just a dance. I'll have one almost exactly like it next year," I tell Elena but I can't help the twinge of sadness in my voice. I really wanted to go with all my friends. Elena and Reid were in a group with Wendy and Jack and for sure that will be an amazing night.

"At least let me dress you up. We can take pictures. That's like half of it anyway," Elena begs.

"Elena..." I say in a whiny voice.

She shakes her head adamantly. "I don't care. I'm dressing you up." Elena pulls my hand and makes me sit down in the chair of her vanity. I try to move but give up since every time I try I get a slap to the head.