Sixx

"Tommy please just fucking take me to Nikki's house." I pleaded for the 80th time in the last five minutes.
"Alright Gracie alright. Chill." He said, getting off of the couch and staggering over to the table where he threw his keys.

     "Whats the rush?" He asked once we were in the car.
"I called him and he thought it was you and started asking about me. Then he asked me what the future looked like and I told him I couldn't talk about it over the phone. He sounded mad and hung up. I don't want him to do something stupid." I explained
"Alright, well calm down. I'm sure he's fine." Tommy said, surely rolling his eyes.

     He started the car and took off down the street. My thoughts were pretty much a jumbled mess of awful conclusions. All I could do was blame myself. What if he does something bad? It'll all be my fault. I should've just talked to him.

      You know those moments where you wish you could go back in time and change one little thing to avoid future conflict? I'm living that right now. Tommy couldn't drive fast enough. I know, Tommy Lee, not driving fast? He is. Trust me. We're well over the speed limit. But his 80 miles per hour came off as 30 miles per hour for me. An internal clock ticked away the seconds that I wasn't with Nikki.

     Finally I could see Nikki's place off in the distance, and Tommy finally realizing my frustration and lack of patience, drove just slightly faster to appease me.
At last we pulled into his driveway, and I couldn't get out of the car fast enough. I was right up at Nikki's door before Tommy could even turn the car off.

     I knocked, I rang the door bell. The problem with Nikki is that he's so inconsistent. He could be too lazy to get the door. Or he could be OD'ing on his bedroom floor. Or he may be hiding in his closet with a gun clutched close to his chest hallucinating that the police are here to get him. Who even knows at this point. It's Nikki we're talking about.

     To my relief, Tommy knew where the spare key was hidden. Once Tommy unlocked the door we split up the house. I took the left side, which had 2 bedrooms and a bathroom, along with a few utility closets, and Tommy took the right, with the kitchen, living room and Nikki's office.

     I slowly walked through, checking every closet. I didn't see Nikki, but I also didn't see any needles or spoons, no small lighters or little bags. Onto the bathroom. It was pretty easy to just once-over the bathroom and move on, it wasn't that big.

     I went to the bedroom, and at first saw nothing. At this point Tommy probably found him in his office, maybe writing new songs, or maybe foaming at the mouth. See the way my mind works? Tell me you wouldn't be concerned too.

     I checked the closet in the room, and found nothing. Luckily? Maybe.

     Then I heard a crash from the other side of the house. Please let that be Tommy.
My suspicions were confirmed when I heard a low grown behind me. I turned to face Nikki's bed and there he was, taking a nap. Not a worry in the world.

     Now I feel dumb. I considered leaving, now that I knew he was safe. I didn't like facing my problems, what's so wrong about that? Nikki is fine, we can just slip out and forget this ha—

"Gracie."  He mumbled.
I sighed, "Hi Nik."