Unforgettable childhood memories

I vividly remember when my dad used to come home from work, firstly he would kiss on my mom's forehead with a warm smile. And then she would take his bag and give him a glass of water. I would run towards him with full in joy, and he would scoop me up into his arms and kiss on my cheek with his wet ticklish mustache. When he started to tickle me on neck and belly I used to giggle in glee. We often wrestle playfully and he will always fake his defeat. He'll slump on the floor lying on his belly pretending he's dead while I jumped on his back declaring my victory. He would get up out of sudden yelling, "BOO! GOTCHA!" and then he would tickle on my belly and I just could not stop giggling.

My mom would come into the room and serves us a hot tea and then my favorite local cakes. I remember all these because right now I just became a father of the newborn baby girl. I live in another town with my wife, so he is distant from us. A few days ago mom called me and gave sad news of him that he has Alzheimer!

There are days he remember us, some days he just goes out from home and walks out in another society or someone's house. Mom feels embarrassed when everyone sees her taking her husbands home like a stubborn kid. The saddest part is, seeing my mom still clinging to her memories with him.

Every night before she goes to sleep, she'll be by his side just talking to him, caressing his hands while my dad stares at her like a stranger.

Life seems so good when everything is normal, but it seems very hard when life shows some grey sides.