Chapter 21: Confessions: Part 4

Whats this? two publishes in one day? Whaaaaaaat!

heres to make up for lack of content, enjoy!

-

It was later that evening when Hanzo found himself distracted by his thoughts. He didn't know whether to be happy or simply... Well, he didn't know how to feel at all, to be honest. 

He knew his brother had, well, got around in their youths, and on more than one occasion he would leave for a night with a young woman. He should have figured at some point unplanned things could happen, and sure enough, that unexpected thing happened to be his brother conceiving a child. 

Perhaps something to take Hanzo's mind off the whole thing, like target practice with his bow. So that's where he went, to the training room, and he almost groaned out loud when he saw his dearest brother. Hanzo worried that Genji would quickly see that he was distracted, and something was on his mind. Dismissing these thoughts, Hanzo just wanted to put some arrows in some targets and got down to business.

Genji had been on the other side of the training room, too caught up in practice to realize his brother was there. Hanzo continued with practice, but his aim was slightly off its game today.

"Oh, greetings, brother," Genji had noticed Hanzo, and after he threw his last shurikens at a robots head, piercing the metal, he strolled over to him. Genji's voice derailed Hanzo's train of thoughts, reminding Hanzo of his confrontation with (Y/n). What a mess of a situation.

"Brother!" Genji shouted, startling the archer from his focus. Hanzo grumbled in annoyance.

"What do you want, Genji?" he asked. He didn't mean to come off as rude, but Genji was used to his brother's behavior, so it didn't phase him.

"You seem upset. Is everything alright?" He asked with concern in his voice.

Hanzo had an arrow drawn at the ready but lowered his bow at his brother's question. He looked at Genji, and it was hard to read what the cyborg was thinking, for he almost always wore his mask, the only exception being him, Zenyatta, and Angela.

Hanzo realized he had been silent for a few moments too many, so he finally replied. "I am fine, Genji. Just have a lot on my mind."

"I see..." Genji thought for a moment. "Ms. Oxton visited me earlier. She told me you went to see (Y/n)?"

"Indeed I did," he replied.

"Did something happen, is everything okay?" Genji wondered if how his brother felt was due to what happened when he went to see you.

"I-" He started before watching Genji for a moment, then deciding that (Y/n) should be the one to break the news. "No, nothing happened. We talked, and that was it."

"Sooo," he dragged out the 'o,' "Nothing happened to make you seem distracted?" Genji persisted, his brother was good at hiding things, but not from him. He had years of experience with reading Hanzo like an open book.

"No." Hanzo kept his stoic features plastered on his face. Genji shrugged, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Alright Hanzo, but if you ever need to speak your mind, remember I'm here." he retracted his hand and left out of the training room, Hanzo's gaze followed him until he entirely exited the room.

"I'm afraid this is something I cannot speak to you about, Genji," Hanzo said to himself.