Steve x Reader

Steve x Reader has been requested some bunch of time so here it is :)
This is dedicated to all of you that requested for some more Steve action or for those who just want more Steve Harrington in their life.
Hope you enjoy this long imagine
It's good to be back writing!
__________

It was a cool morning in Hawkins when I was walking to school. The cold spring morning breeze touched my skinny jeans and lightly covered arms that were only covered by thin long sleeves of cotton sweater I decided to wear. I pulled the sleeves down and balled them up in my fists as I walked faster as if it was gonna help me warm up.
I was about five minutes from school silently cursing to myself for not bringing a jacket with me. It was my fault for not checking the weather. I had just assumed that it was going to be crisp but not freezing as it was this morning.

I began to pick up the pace a little bit walking as fast as my legs would let me travel when a familiar car, the car of my best friend Steve Harrington pulled up next to me idling beside me as I walked quickly.

"Hey loser." Steve called from the window.

"Hey stupid." I huffed rubbing my arms with my hands as I continued to walk.

"I'm gonna cut the chit chat, do you want a ride to school?" Steve asked sweetly. I shivered and nodded. "You're lucky I came this way, I was about to take the short cut to school but deceived I'd be nice and see if you wanted a ride but you weren't home so I met you on the road."
I crawled into the passenger seat as he spoke and I shivered once more making Steve look over at me. "Cold?"

"Very." I replied rubbing my arms again.

"Here." Steve pulled off his green crew neck that he was wearing over top of his blue button up shirt.
I graciously took the warm varsity basketball hoodie and pulled it over my head taking in the scent of Steve's cologne. "Better?"

"Much better."

It only took us a few minutes to get to school. Nothing more than the hum of the car and the droning of the music that was playing very quietly. No one talked. I played with the sleeves on the sweater that swallowed me.

"What are you doing after school?" Steve asked while clearing his throat. He seemed anxious.

"Mm, Well, I was planning on studying for the chemistry exam tomorrow but other than that nothing." I looked over at him, he was concentrated on the road.

I admired Steve. He was an attractive and popular boy which made me wonder why he was still friends with me.
I was nothing more than another face in the crowd. Just a girl who wasn't popular or sporty or very smart for that matter. I was just average.
I found Steve to be a pretty boy. He was pretty both physically and personality wise.
People would always call him a dick but he was actually one of the most sweet and caring people I knew. Frequently I would sneak out of my house at night and go on light night drives with him and just talk to him about life.
It would be a lie if I said that I didn't feel anything towards him.
In all honesty I think I had actually grown to have a crush on him.
Every time he would touch my hand or look at me with his pretty eyes I'd melt a little on the inside, but there was no way that he would fall for a girl like me.

Plus I was like ninety-seven point two percent sure that he was into Nancy Wheeler.

"Did you want to come with me to that diner like fifteen minutes out of town to get a milkshake?" He asked taking in a shaky breath.