Quotes 2: "Splendor in The Grass"

"Though the radiance which was once so bright.
Be now forever taken from thy sight.
Though nothing can bring back that hour;
Of Splendour in the grass, Of Glory in the flower;
Grieve not; But find strength in what remains behind."

By,
William Wordsworth
(1770-1850).

An Ode From: "Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood "

What do these words that are over 200 years old mean to you? And why does it matter if you are still the one who only sees the splendor in looking at a patch of a simple blade of grass? What is this poem trying to say too you. Is it saying that this is the sense of a child's view of a particular nostalgic moment that they have had seen before as children. The idea that we would like to have is children have extraordinary clarity of seeing the essence of simplicity in ones life.

We as adults have lost their view on life and the challenge for us now... is how are we going to discover that simplicity and gain back that child's essence that we have lost. So by saying these words over again we try to gain some sort of that idealistic vision... of what we remembered as children...trying too hard to keep it all to ourselves again. This was the idea that William Wordsworth was trying too convey to us...by repeating this passage, we can gain what we have lost.

If we can say these words enough, we somehow believe we can bring back our youth once again. For what is more ordinary and simple, than a blade of grass? Grass, is not supposed to be as splendid as he made one think or as you may think, but if you see it through the eyes of children...that's where your answer doth lie. . We all try one day too recover this sense of importance, even if it is in the most ordinary things in the simplicity of life and the things that we once saw in a that blade of grass.
So I will reiterate the message; don't loose your need too see the most simplistic things in your life. Savor the years of when you were young, children, for-they are the best, and the most clearest and the most wonderful years of your life.

By,
Mary Ellen Campbell
MEC:©️2018