Ch. Eight

Nico plopped down on his couch with his four friends. His laptop was open, and they were reviewing his brain scan.

"And... There." Will pauses the video and points to the front of Nico's brain, "It's like lightning. Whatever was going on affected-"

"Your memories." Annabeth finishes.

"What did you see?" Frank asks.

"I saw... balls of pure energy. They were touchless. And I flew over a bridge in New York City, a place I had never gone before." Nico explains.

Annabeth nods, "Let's keep watching."

They did. Lightning lit up in two different places, before hitting three or four different places. However, before they could finish, they decided to call it a night for exams tomorrow (at least, Frank and Annie have exams). Everyone but Will left.

Will closed his laptop when he was done looking.

"You know-" he starts.

"I know." Nico interrupts.

"You almost didn't come back, you know. It took us three times."

Nico thought about it. "But I'm here, right?"

"I was scared, Nico."

"I know. But... Look, it enhanced my brain. It refreshed my memories, and sharpened my knowledge. The entire time we were looking at the scan tonight, I knew exactly what every part of the brain was called and what it was for. And we're on our way to complete answers! It was wort-"

"On our way? What do you mean?" The truth dawns on Will. "You're going to do it again?!"

"Will, it's for a reason. I wasn't under long enough. Just one more time, we'll see if I can go four min-"

"Four minutes?! You'll get brain damage!"

"Ambrosia exists, Will."

"But will it work? It not always works, Nico! We are half human after all!"

"I'll be okay, Will. Stop worrying."

"Nico!"

Nico sighs. He gives up on words and kisses Will's lips. He relaxes into his boyfriend's arms, yawning. Will kosses the top of his head.

"I love you." Will says. Nico smiles in response.