chapter 41: Training

I felt someone gently shake me awake. I was too in to my sleep to see who. The person kept shaking me till it was too annoying to bear so I was forced to wake to.
"C'mon Alex we have training." Said the voice of Embry.
"Embry let me sleep a little more." I said my eyes still close.
"Sorry babe but it's either me or Paul coming in with a bucket of cold water." He warned and I was still asleep. I'd like to see them try. Embry sighed and left my room. I opened my eyes a bit and got my wand out and hit it under my pillow. Please I've lived with Fred and George Weasley I think I know how to handle a bucket of cold water by now. I heard sound coming from the hallway and went back to sleep. I heard my door being opened and slow footsteps. When I heard the footsteps I softly flicked my wand and heard a surprised yell coming from Paul that was in my bedroom. I opened my eyes and smirked at him as he was shocked from the water that was meant for me deflected to him. I heard ruckus coming from downstairs and saw the pack barging into my room. When they saw a wet Paul in the middle of my room and a smirking me they all bursted out laughing. Sam was laughing the hardest and I just smirked at Paul who was now glaring at me.
"I lived with Fred and George Weasley for years your idea was something a first year would do." I said and shooed them out of my room so I can change. I picked out my outfit and left downstairs.
"Breakfast Alex?" Emily asked and I nodded as I sat down next to Embry.
"Where's everyone?" I asked Sam.
"There in the living room." He said reading his newspaper.
"So how are we going to meet the Cullens?" I asked Sam as he placed his newspaper down.
"The boys and I are going in our wolf form. You'll be riding on Embry's back. Is your potion ready?" He asked and I nodded pulling out my potion.
"Hopefully it taste better then polyjuice." I said hopefully as I slipped the potion in my drink and mixed it around. I raised my potion to my lips and drank it slowly. I pulled the glass away. "I think I'm going to be sick." I said running to the bathroom passing everyone. I didn't throw up I had the feeling that I was about to. I looked at myself in the mirror breathing heavily as I felt something in my change. When I felt better I opened the door to the bathroom to see the pack and Emily outside waiting for me.
"So do I smell the same." I asked them and they shrugged.
"Lets have the bloodsuckers be the judge on that." Sam said as he signaled for us to leave. The pack left the house and too the wood to phase. Embry came back and kneeled down to my level to I can get on his back. When I held on tightly to him he took off running to the woods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We emerged from the forest with Sam on the lead. The Cullen's and Bella looked at us as we came out. When we stopped I slid off of Embry's back and stood next to him leaning on his side. He didn't mind at all infact he was very relaxed.
"Welcome." Carlisle greeted. "Jasper has experience with newborns. He could teach us how to defeat them." Carlisle explained.
"How are the newborns different?" Sam asked.
"We'd like to know how the newborns are different then you guys." I asked on behave of Sam.
"There a great deal stronger than us because their own human bloods lingers in their tissues." Carlisle answered. "Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months on this life." He explained clearly. He steps aside and let jasper talk now.
"Carlisle's right." Jasper started. "That is why they are created a newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army but no human army can stand against them. Now the first two things you have to know is never let their arms go around you they'll crush you instantly and second never go for the obvious kill they'll be expecting that and you will loose." Jasper explain intensely and we all listened. "Emmet." Jasper called and walked to a clear field and stood in front of a buffed looking Vampire who's name was Emmet.
They were about to show us how to fight. The pack and I watched intensely. We saw Jasper go against Emmet, Edward go against Carlisle, Jasper go again Roselie, and Jasper go against Alice which was weird to watch. We've learned to never loose focus, and to never turn your back on you enemy.
"I think we need one of you to try." Jasper said looking at all of us. I raise my hand up to try. I felt Embry tense but I patted him softly and walked towards Jasper and stood in front of him. I nodded at him and he ran towards me. I transformed into my anamingus that was a wolf. I lunged at Jasper surprising him a bit but continued fighting me. I used everything he taught me and fought him. I then though of using wandless magic with my mind in my wolf form.
"Reducto!." I shouted and Jasper flew and hit his back against the tree. He stood up and smiled at me and I turned back to myself with my clothes on.
"Impressive." Jasper said walking up to me.
"So your a witch and a shapeshifter?" He asked and I shook my head.
"I'm Jakes cousin but I have 90% witch power in my blood and the rest is werewolf but as a witch I transform into any animal I think of and since part of me is wolf it only made transforming easier." I answered.
"So you transform in there own will." Carlisle said and I nodded.
"Cool." Emmet said and I smiled at him. I walked up to Embry.
"By the way." Edward called and I turned to him. "Whatever you did to hide your scent use it because it's working." He smiled and I looked at him and stepped back. I suddenly remembered Cedric and how I would always make him laugh and smile. I snapped out of it and smiled then walked to Embry and leaned on him. Training continued and I stood next to Embry or one of the pack members.