"Oh shush." I say annoyed. "A year could pass and you still wouldn't get on a plane."

"No need to be so hard on him." Issac says.
"He literally faced his biggest fear to get to you. I still can't understand how he's afraid of airplanes though..."

"He deserves more credit than you give him." Elliot adds.

"I'm not telling him that." I say into the phone. It'll just give him a big ego boost and I'd rather not have him gain some kind of leverage against me.

"Tell me what?" Cal says stopping at a light.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"Hey!" Cal says leaning over towards the receiver. "Lemme tell you what Xavier told me on the plane ride back!"

"Bye!" I scream then, hanging up quickly.
I glare at Cal. "Not funny."

"No you're right." Cal says leaning back, the light turning green.

For a moment I think Cal was being a decent human being. Until 3 seconds pass.

"It was actually hilarious." He states.

"Stop. I'll smack you."

He gives off a sly smirk, quirks an eyebrow. "Are you adding that to the stuff you promised me on the plane?"

I scream again.

———————
Cal:

Even thought it was only a day, it felt like ages since I was home. It didn't feel like I was ever present, and it wasn't like I was home. I was just in a house, room after room that felt like it was the same. It didn't now. It felt like a home when Xavier and Sukie were hugging each other, both of them on the ground crying, arms clutching at each other.

"You look good." Xavier whispers pulling away, leaning back on his hands, his bad leg stretched out in front of him.

"You too." Sukie sniffs, wiping her face with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. Her eyes flicker along Xavier's face, the scars noticeable even from a distance. Xavier knows that Sukie is feeling sorry for him, maybe even guilty, and my gut twists.

"Sandy looks good." Xavier murmurs then.

Sukie gives off a soft laugh. "That's good too."

Xavier smiles softly, and it's the kind of smile that showed how he loved Sandy, and will always love and remember her like I do, but this time he's really letting go.

It's time I let go of Sandy too, and focus on the now.

—————

"So tell me." Xavier says. "What's your view?"

The sunlight blinds me, and I toss my arm over my eyes, letting out a sigh. This was common, we would eat lunch and then go upstairs to doze in the sunlight, and most of the time it would be me taking naps while Xavier stroked my hair and read a book.

"I was just about to fall asleep." I groan.

"This is important." Xavier huffs.

I sit up, rub my eyes quickly. "Okay." I say leaning back and looking over at him. "Go ahead."

"So what's your view?" He repeats.

"On what?" I ask.

"On us."

"What do you think?" I ask sheepishly.

"I think that we're extremely compatible."

"I agree."

"So?" Xavier says.

"So..." I say feeling like a huge idiot.

"What's our next step as a couple?" Xavier says filling in the blank. "We've already ruined the cliche relationship history we were supposed to have together."

"That's okay though." I say reaching over, running a hand through his dark strands. "People don't have to understand us, we just have to do what works between us and go with it. We're good together and I know it."

Xavier smirks, takes my free wrist and pulls me over on top of him.

"You think we're good together?" He asks.

"You were the one who said that we were quite compatible together."

"We're good together?" He repeats, and his eyes soften when he knows that I'll say yes, and that we are good together and meant to stay like that for the rest of our time.

I press a kiss to his jaw, a chaste kiss that isn't full of passion but innocent love that is meant all for Xavier. It's the kind of first kiss that he gave to me and I gave to him. It's the kind of kiss that makes you left wanting and savoring.
"We are so good together." I murmur against his warm skin, lips mouthing along his jawline.

"You think so?" Xavier asks again, and his voice is quiet and breathless, the desperation is his voice evident. He wants to know just how much we are meant for each other, he wants to feel how much I love him and wish to be with him.

I'd give him anything.

I smile, leaning up and brushing my nose against his. "I'm positive." I confirm.

Xavier gives off a lopsided grin, hands gripping my hips tightly.

"Show me."