Chapter 9- You? a Gentleman?

Can you guess wht the mystery place is? well i had no idea what to expect but when we pulled up i was very surprised. He brought me to a fair!

i try racking through my brain to try and figure out the last time ive been to a fair... and then i rememer. It was the weekend before Luke left me for his new life. It was also the first time i fully felt like i couldnt live without him. I loved him so much.

"Jessica are you ok?" Luke is standing infront of me confused and i realize i have come to a complete stop outside the gates of the fair

"Yeah im ok"...Lie "Lets go"

we get out tickets and make it into the fair.

"We have to ride everything here!" i say to Luke

"Then lets get started" he replies

------------

Its now around 3:00pm and me and Luke have done everything. Weve been on all the rides and he even won me a stuffed animal. Today has been the most amazing day.

"Luke i think we forgot one ride"

"Jess im positive weve beein on everything in this whole park"

I look up and point at the farris wheel "As much as i hate hights, we said we would do everything and thats the only thing left to do"

Ever since i was a kid ive had a HUGE fear of hights. Luke and I tried to help me get over it once but it just ended up with us both tumbling off the high roof of his house.

Were at the very front of the line at the farris wheel. We get in and are strapped in, we start getting higher and higher. "Luke im scared" i wisper looking at him.

he turns to look into my eyes and i feel his hand slide into mine "I promise youll be fine, ill protect you i promise." he leans over and kisses me on the cheek.

"so i want to know all the things ive missed" he says and i feel a pang in my stomach...he wouldnt have to know if he didnt leave

"Well umm Andrea is my new best friend" yeah i did just say that "umm... i had a boyfriend for a little while, his name was Adam" I feel him tense up beside me "but it didnt work out very well, i think thats about it"

"What about Britney, has she still been bothering you?" luke asks quietly.

Britney was the most popular girl at school and at one point in high school she bullied me. Luke was always there to protect me and make me feel good about myself but when he left i had no one to help me through it.

"Well after you left she did bully me a bit more becuse there was no one to stop her" Lukes eyes sadden a bit. "but i stook up to her and she hasnt bothered me since"

"Thats great" says Luke

I miss having someone to share everything with. I know that i do have Andrea but no one will ever replace Luke. The ride finally ends and i notice i finally concoured my fears. all with the help of Luke

"Ok are you ready to go home?" Luke asks and for the first time that night i felt tired.

"Yeah ok lets go" The ride home was silent but it was a good silence. We pull up into the drive way and Luke gets out of his side and comes to open my door. He helps me out carefully. "Why thank you" i say and wink at him.

He walks me up to the door and starts to lean in, he kisses the top of my head and starts to walk back to his truck.

"Luke where are you going?" i ask

"well im being a gentleman and dropping you off at your door. you didnt expect more did you" he says with a wink

"But Luke your staying in the same house, where were you going to go?"

"Im goint to drive around the block and coem back, Now let me be a gentleman and go inside" I chuckle as he drives away

By the time im ready and in bed i hear the front door open and close, Luke must be back from his little drive.

------------

What time is it, i think when i wake up. i look over at my alarm clock 3:00 in the morning! ughhhhh. Then i hear a crash and light booms through the house, oh god this isnt good.

Ever since i was little ive been afraid of Thunder and lightning, i know.. most people are. but usually you get over it after you grow up a little but ive never gotten over it. ive always been afraid.

Dont worry, i tell myself. you can go back to sleep. I lie down a little bit longer and then look at my alarm 3:45... im going to be up forever. Then the loudest bang comes from outside and i know i have to do something. So i do the only thing i can do, I go to Lukes room.

"Luke. Luke wake up"

"Jess whats wrong." just then the house lights up again and Luke knows that i must be terrified

"Jess why dont you lie down with me" i go to the other side of the bed and lie on the other side of the bed, as far away from him as i can. Then i feel two hands on my hips and i am pulled into a hard chest.

"Luke what are you doing"

"Cuddling, now shut up and go to sleep" even though the thunderstorm is still going on outside i feel myself relax in Lukes arms. and right before i go to sleep i hear him wisper something im pretty sure i was suppost to hear.

"I will never let you go again"

____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, Sorry i havent posted. i was actually planning out all the chapters. Just so you know, from now on i will be posting every Wednesday and Friday with some exceptions (Like when i just feel like posting a chapter. LOL) ok well see you guys wednesday then. I want to post this now so it is not edited but it should be by monday <3 Love yaaaaaaa

-Crazybeautiful44

___________________________________________________________________________