Chapter Nine; Bienvenue à Paris

Kat slowly opened one of her eyes, and peeked forward. The television in front of her was on, and the lighting was dim. Suddenly, reality came back to her and she realised she was on an airplane. She tilted her head back and saw Will staring forward at the screen.

'Morning,' he teased.

Kat laughed, 'How long was I out for?' 

'Three hours, but don't worry, I kept you safe in my arms.'

She turned her head and saw that Will's arm was still cradling her. 'So did you have any sleep?' she asked.  

'After I said I love you I drifted off for half an hour, but then some turbulence woke me up.' 

Kat sighed. She really hated turbulence, it was something that scared her every time. 'Thank goodness I slept through that, I swear if it comes back--'

Will squeezed her tightly, 'If it comes back, I will hold you tighter than I ever have.'

Kat sat up, and turned to face him. She pulled him in for a deep, long kiss. 'Thank you.'

On the flight tracker, they were just over halfway there. The air hostess lightly tapped on their door and slid it open.

'How are you both doing,' she happily asked.

'We're great, thank you,' replied Kat.

The lady then brought over their first class meals, and a glass of ginger ale.

'Okay, I would normally never eat airplane food, but this is amazing,' Kat said, with thrill. 

Will was a little shocked as well. When he had researched about first class meals he'd expected the food to be good, but not this good. There was a huge variety, and the dessert was magnificent. 'Wait until we try the food in Paris,' he smiled.

'Oh I cannot wait for that.' 

~

The plane touched down at 8AM, local time, and the sun had already risen. Kat and Will made it out of the airport an hour later, and hailed over a taxi to take them to their hotel.

'We are now officially on holiday,' cheered Will, as he wrapped one arm around Kat's waist. 

They arrived at their hotel much quicker than when they went to the airport back in New York. Inside, the lobby had a chandelier hanging from the roof, and many large seats for guests to lounge in were placed around the room. They weren't able to check in until the afternoon, so they decided to leave their belongings with the concierge and go for a walk. 

'I can't believe you have booked a hotel that is only a ten minute walk from the Eiffel Tower,' smiled Kat. Her fingers were linked with his as they walked down the streets, and they both wore their sunglasses since there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

They arrived at the monument, and Will immediately turned on his camera. 'Hey, how about you stand right over here, and I'll take a gorgeous picture of you.' 

Kat giggled, and walked over so that she was standing right in the centre, with the Eiffel Tower behind her. Will held the camera up to his eyes and snapped three shots in a row. 

'You look beautiful,' he flirted, as he showed her the snaps. 'I like this candid shot.' 

'Awe,' Kat blushed, 'I might have to post later on now.' She kissed him on the cheek.

As she pulled away, she was lightly tapped on the shoulder. 

'Excuse me,' said a tiny woman with a heavy french accent. 'I can't help but notice that you two are a gorgeous couple.' 

Will laughed, and thanked the woman.

'But you're taking photos of each other, and not together. Would you like me to take one for you?'

'Oh, that would be perfect,' smiled Kat.

Will joined her in front of the Eiffel Tower, and posed for the camera. The first photo was a nice one, with both of them looking forward. Then Will pulled her in for a kiss, and their foreheads rested together. The woman returned the camera, and showed them the photos. 

'You are both stunning,' she complimented, 'Enjoy your stay.' 

The pair stayed around the area for hours, taking photos from every angle, and trying out new flavours of macarons. When they returned to their hotel, they were able to check in and go to their room. They were directed to an elevator which had artwork placed on every wall, and when they got to their room, their luggage was nicely placed by the windowsill which had a small bowl of treats resting on it. 

'This place is amazing,' Kat cried in awe. 

'It really is.' Will walked over to Kat, and pulled her onto the bed. She laughed, and held his shirt tight.

'Kiss me,' she flirted.

He did what she asked, and kissed her. He lightly nipped her lip, and slipped his tongue into her mouth. Kat let out a moan from his pleasure, and rubbed her hands under his shirt, tracing her fingers along his defined abs. His hands ruffled her hair affectionately, and he moved on top, without breaking the kiss.

After 30 minutes, they decided to go out. For dinner, they walked downstairs to try out the hotel's famous restaurant. They were given a table outside that was under a private wooden gazebo, so that they could enjoy the night and stare at the city lights. 

'Hey, there's only one star in the sky,' whispered Kat, as she pointed up. 'Make a wish.' 

Will held her hands and closed his eyes. He wished to grow old with Kat, and be with her forever. 

The food came to them pretty quickly, and Will was correct. It was even better than their first class meal on the airplane. 

'Okay, I'm just going to quickly go to the bathroom,' said Kat, as she finished up her meal. 

She walked down the halls and into a beautifully lit up room with rolled up towels. Wow, even the toilets here are extra. As she washed her hands, her phone started vibrating in her pocket. It was a number she didn't recognise. 

'Hello?' Kat asked, awkwardly. 

A girl on the other side of the line giggled, 'Katherine, you really thought I was done with you, didn't you?'

Kat was puzzled, 'Who is this?'

'Oh, come on. You seriously can't recognise my voice.' 

It suddenly came to her, 'Maggie.'

'Now listen up. I am still in love with Will and want him as mine, but unfortunately you have him. That won't last long though, because you're going to break things off.'

Kat laughed, 'Now why would I do that? Are you going to come up with some shitty blackmail?' 

'You guessed it. If you don't break up with him, I'll tell the whole world that you two are a couple. I have my proof, and I'm sure you'd hate it if the fandom found out about you both from someone else.'

A giant bulge formed in Kat's stomach, but she couldn't let Maggie know that she was nervous. 'You don't have proof,' she snorted.

'Well, I filmed the conversation that Will and I had where he confessed his love for you, so I guess I do. It would be an honour to release it since I know how much you don't want to tell the public at this stage.' 

Silence.

'You have until the end of your trip to do so. Until then, enjoy Paris,' Maggie scoffed.  

Kat aggressively pressed the end call button and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She wasn't ever going to break up with Will, not for anything. But she couldn't tell him right away since it'd ruin the holiday for him. She cleaned up, and walked back outside.

'Hey, are you okay? You took a while?' he asked. 

'Yeah, I'm fine. Come on, let's go back upstairs,' she smiled, trying to hold back more tears.