Chapter Eight; En route.

It was Wednesday. But not just any Wednesday, it was the day that Kat and Will were flying to Paris. 

Kat reached out her arm across the bed, and felt emptiness. Will wasn't there. She hopped out, and slipped on her nightgown. The lounge was empty, and there was still no sign of Will. They were staying at Kat's house, so he wouldn't have gone for a walk since he didn't know the area that well. She grabbed out her phone and looked at the lock screen. 

Zero notifications. 

It was nine o'clock so not many stores would've even been open either. Where the hell is he?  All of a sudden, the sound of a lock turning made Kat jump, and she walked over to the front door. Will stepped inside with three large reusable bags clutched to his arms, and a wallet dropped from his mouth as his lips made the shape of an O. 

'You're awake already?' he asked, startled. 

Kat smirked, and folded her arms, 'Yes, I am. But I'm curious to know where you have just been?'

'Well, I have just been to buy us some necessities for our flight tonight.' He placed the three bags on the couch and pulled out an object. 'Do you like this neck pillow? I thought the pink dots were cute like you,' he smiled.

Kat laughed and took it from his hands. 'I love it.' She then walked over to the bags and searched through them thoroughly. Inside, she found blankets, food, travel sickness pills and warm socks. She turned back to him, 'Where did you go to get all this stuff?' 

'The supermarket down the road.'

'Oh, so you do you your way around this area,' she teased. 

Will placed his hands on his hips, and grinned, 'And what is that supposed to mean, Miss McNamara?' He walked up to her and placed a kiss on her forehead, 'Okay I'm going to go and finish packing.' 

She nodded at him, and walked over to her kitchen to grab breakfast. I've really found the man of my dreams, haven't I?

~

The afternoon soon came around quickly, and the pair were all ready to go. Their Uber was three minutes away, and they were waiting outside Kat's apartment lobby. 

'Are you ready to go to the city of love?' Will asked, with a flirty look in his eyes.

'Yes, my love. I am so ready,' she smiled, while pulling him in for a kiss. He kissed her back passionately, and for a moment they both forgot they were in public. 

That was until they were interrupted by a loud honk from the car that pulled up. It was their Uber. Will pecked Kat's soft lips one more time and then helped her over to the car. He opened up the back door, and a man with a lisp greeted them. 

'So, I'm taking ya'll to the JFK international airport?' he asked.

'Yes, thank you,' Will replied. 

The ride to the airport took 45 minutes due to the traffic, and Will was getting anxious. From what he'd planned, they'd get there in 20 and still have time to relax before going through security. But no, they were now running behind schedule and would have to rush. He still gave the Uber 4 stars, and quickly grabbed the suitcases out of the car boot. 

'Hey, are you alright?' asked Kat, 'You seem really tense.' 

Will sighed, 'Sorry, I just thought we wouldn't be racing against time.' He held Kat's hand and they hurried into the terminal. Luckily, the queue for checking in wasn't long at all. But that could've been due to the sign that said, final check in. They bolted up to the front of the line and quickly sent their luggage away on the conveyor belt. 

By 5:20 pm they had made it through security, and had caught up with time. They weren't boarding until 6:30, so they had over an hour to shop and eat. 

'I knew we'd be all good,' Kat smiled, as she sprayed a displayed Marc Jacobs perfume onto her neck. 'But I understand why you wanted to hurry, I mean the traffic on the way here was really heavy.'

Will laughed, and went in to hug Kat from behind. He rested his chin on her shoulder, 'Thank you for being so understanding and caring.' He smelled her neck, 'Now that smells delicious.' 

'It does,' she said, as she grabbed out a new box from underneath the display. 'I'm going to buy this and wear it for the whole trip, so when I smell it in the future it will remind me of all the memories.' 

'That is a brilliant idea.' He took the box and went to purchase it for her. He returned it wrapped up in a small bag and bow, and gave it along with a kiss.

Kat smiled, and kissed him back, 'That was cheeky of you.' 

'Well, I also have another surprise for you.' He took her hand again, and they went to sit on two seats by their gate. 'Now, it's nothing extreme, but here's your plane ticket.' 

Kat read it slowly, and gazed at one particular word that stood out. First Class Premiere. Very quickly, she got up and covered her mouth in shock, 'What? You're crazy, this is extreme! You're kidding. You're joking. You have to be lying.'

Will chuckled, and shook his head, 'It's the truth. We'll be flying to Paris in a first class suite.' 

With tears in her eyes, Kat sat down beside him and cried, 'Thank you, thank you, thank you.' 

When she had to fly around the world for filming, she'd always fly business class, but this time she was travelling in a suite, with privacy, and a bed, and a huge television, and Will.  

The time to board came around quickly, and Kat had only finished cleaning her eyes since her mascara had gone everywhere. She was excited for this trip, but now she was even more excited to spend 7 hours snuggled up close with her lover.

'Paris, we're on the way,' cheered Will, as they walked over to the airbridge. 

It was all something like a movie. The plane had two storeys, so the flight attendant took them up a small staircase decorated with red, romantic lighting. As they got to the top, they were allocated a double suite with a bed covered in real roses, and a glass of bubbles sat on the top. Their room even had two doors on each side so that they could close out the world, and sit back, relax, and properly enjoy the flight. Kat took off her shoes and slipped on the soft socks that she was given in the morning, while Will slid the doors closed and poured the champagne. 

'Let's toast to this trip,' he smiled, raising his glass. 

This setting reminded Kat of the date they shared when Will announced he would take her to Paris. Both times, they had wine glasses, champagne and a whole lot of comfort. 

'To Paris,' she flirted. 

They finished up every drop, and then got beneath the sheets. 

'So, do we need to sit upright and buckle our seat belts for take off?' Kat asked.

'Nope, not in first class. I've done my research,' he laughed.

With that confirmation, Kat laid down and wrapped her arm around Will's stomach. She stroked his arm gently, and he lightly scratched her hair. Even though they dimmed the windows and couldn't see outside, they could both feel that the aircraft was reversing and getting ready to take off. As it ascended into the air, they were slightly on a lean, but that didn't stop them from cuddling close together. 

Will kissed her forehead, 'I love you,' and started playing, Tyrone Wells' song, This Moment Now on the screen in front of them.