Chapter One; And Action.

'We're going to begin filming the last scene of episode 17 in 20 minutes people. Please be prepared,' yelled Edward, the producer. Everyone on set was bustling about, and there was no sign of calmness or relief from anybody. All the other scenes had been filmed for episode 17, including the bookshop fight, and the Malec moment. Everything but one. The scene where Sebastian kisses Clary.

Over in the dressing room, Katherine McNamara glanced into the mirror whilst the hairdresser curled her beautiful orange locks. She looked calm on the outside, but in her gut, she was panicking. Will was her best friend, but she'd also never kissed her best friend  before. Yes, Dom was a close friend, but she was used to kissing him, it didn't mean anything. This time, it was different. What if it goes wrong? What if I push him away too aggressively? What if this makes our friendship awkward? These alarming thoughts devoured her mind and panic started to overtake everything in her body. 

'Are you ready to walk on set darling?' asked the hairdresser, smiling. 

Kat jumped, 'Yes. Thank you.'

She nervously walked out of the dressing room and onto the set of Clary's bedroom. Everything was going smoothly so far. She was an actor and this was her job. Kissing her best friend surely wouldn't be that bad? She met up with Edward who helped her stand in the right location, and taking a 360 turn, she noticed Will wasn't there yet. Is he having the same thoughts as me? She took a deep breath and tried to remember her lines as Edward counted down from 5. 

Action.

Kat was now Clary, rummaging through her stuff and getting ready for her mission. Quite quickly after, a sudden a knock on the wooden bedroom door silenced her. Kat knew this was it. Will was behind that door, and in a few minutes they were going to have to lock lips for the first time, without practice. 

She walked over to the door and swung it open.

'Oh, hi,' he said, with a croaky voice, one hand still up like he was about to knock again. 

'Hey, Sebastian,' she paused, 'um, I'm sorry I'm just heading out on mission.'

'Oh sure yeah. I actually-I just wanted to, make sure you're okay?' 

'I'm fine,' she said, as she slipped on her leather jacket.

'Look, I saw how upset you were today. I'm really sorry about your friend.'

Silence.

Kat took a deep breath, 'I keep losing the people that I care about. Once after the other i-it has to stop.'

'And you're worried that, um, now Jonathan's back, that it, that it's not going to?' Will stuttered, with his British accent.

'I don't know,' she stepped closer to him, 'I mean Jace thinks that my brother's a lost cause, so.'

Will chuckled softly and then stared at her with softness in his eyes, 'What do you think?'

'I mean, I understand that he has demon blood, I know what he's capable of but,' Kat teared up, 'but he's my brother.' She sighed, 'God, it's stupid, right?' 

Will butted in 'Hey, no, no. God, it's not stupid at all.'

'I mean, if there's any humanity left in him, shouldn't we at least try to save him?' Now Kat's tears looked like they were about to pour out of her eyes.

'I think so.' He replied.

Kat shook her head and looked at the ground. This was it. In the next millisecond, Will Tudor, her best friend from the UK, was about to kiss her.

And so he did.

He locked lips with the ginger haired girl, and the taste of peppermint made its way into her mouth. She was about to carry on the kiss when she realised, this was Sebastian kissing his sister, Clary.

'Sebastian,' she said, as she pushed him away.

'And cut' yelled Edward, clapping his hands, 'I almost thought you were never going to push Sebastian away there Clary, but well done. We'll only need one take of that.' 

Kat laughed, and put on a fake smile. Why didn't I pull away straight away like the script said?

The rest of the afternoon was dedicated to finishing off the scene and pretending like it was all filmed in one go. Afterwards, Kat quickly grabbed her stuff and left the studio as fast as she could. She was correct. This kiss did make it awkward and she couldn't face Will. But was he finding the aftermath as awkward as her?