"I know i'm hot, man but not her not."

"This is your next assignment."

Laelia cast her eyes down towards the file in front of her and picked it up. Scrolling through the pages until her fingers froze onto a headshot of her assignment. Before she could say anything, her eyes moved to her boss who sent her glare when he noticed how her attention had slipped.

"His name is Altin Dante. He had just turned eighteen and is in his last year of high school and his father informed me that he had been attacked at a party. Robbed him of his cell phone, ID and credit card. His attackers broke his arm and he had a broken jaw."

"What's the need for me anyway? It was one small little attack."

"It happened more then once from the same guy for a few months. The father thinks the attacker is purposely doing it."

Laelia looked down at he photo of the boy and wondered if she could take the case. Because from the looks of this boy, she couldn't even breath when she looked at him. Dark grey eyes with sparks of blue and jet black hair that she itched to run her fingers through. How do you protect someone you can't stop staring at?

"What's my assignment?" She asked, letting her body control her as her boss smirked.

"I'm glad you took it. His father had informed me that his a bit of trouble maker and you're the best experienced for boys like him."

"I'm nineteen, how do I have more experience?" Laelia asked with a glare.

His boss smirked, "You've been doing this since you were thirteen, you're plenty experienced."

Laelia rolled her eyes and picked the file from the table and placed it under her arm and walked towards her boss and laid a kiss against his cheek.

Her boss smiled and kissed her forehead, "Go ahead, sweetheart. Make Dad proud."

Laelia bit her lip and nodded her head as she existed his office and made her way towards her room and pulled her laptop from under her pillow and quickly searched down her next assignment.

<><><>

Altin let out a loud groan as he looked towards his busted lip and blue eye. It had happened so fast. He had just drowned one drink before he was laying outside with a ripped shirt and no money or phone. His arm was broken and he couldn't speak. His friend had called his father after finally finding him and his father had demanded to get a bodyguard.

But he had chased away each of them and the last one had even threw a punch to his face. Resulting in his busted lip. His jaw was still sore but his cast was off and he only had on a sling.

"Son?" Altin looked up from his mirror to look towards his father that stood at the door. Ever since Altin's mom had run off with another man and tried to take custody of Altin, he had tried to keep a firm grip on his son.

"What's up, dad?"

"I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day of school."

Altin smiled, trying to hide a flinch as his lips stretched. His father smiled and patted his shoulder before leaving the bathroom. Altin groaned as he rubbed his shoulder to ease the slight pain.

Altin sighed, washing his face before he left to his bedroom and picked up the shirt the maid of the house had pressed for him. Slipping on the black shirt, he pulled a pair of jeans from his closet and a pair of sneakers and a hoodie. Pulling the hood over his head, he closed his bedroom door and shouted to his father that he was leaving.

After the incident, the students of Jacobson High had been avoiding Altin. Scared that his attackers might come back and come for them. Altin had rolled his eyes at the rumors but didn't mind being alone. He couldn't blame them though... he'd been attacked four times at a party by the same freaking guy.

His best friend was all the company he needed.

He stopped at his locker to see everyone whispering and he tapped on of a small girl's shoulder in front of his locker. "What's going on?"

"Everyone's talking about the new girl that transferred into the school." The girl rolled her eyes, glaring at the boy that gushed about how hot she was.

Altin rolled his eyes and told the girl to move aside as he pulled his locker open and filled his bag with all his text books and shut his locker, freezing at the sight of a girl standing in front of him. She was unlocking her locker that was right next to his and he looked at her confused. That was Jacob's locker. His best friend's locker.

Everyone quieted down, watching her every move. She didn't seem to mind the attention, she seemed use too it. Altin resisted the urge to eye roll, she was probably a popular cheerleader at her previous school.

He turned away from the girl to see his best friend a locker next to hers, screaming silently as he made eye contact with Altin and looked towards the girl in front of the locker. Waving his face as he watched her.

She had red hair that was tied into a high ponytail, showing off her neck and collar bone and Altin's breath hitched as she turned and her blue and green, earth like eyes locked on him. He expected her to roll her eyes as he drooled over her but she smiled and stuck out her hand. "Hey, my name's Kenley."

Altin smiled before he winced, holding out his hand, "My name's Altin Dante."

Kenley smiled, shutting her locker, "I know."

And then she walked away as if she didn't just make his day. Altin turned to Jacob who jumped at him, "Dude, she's hot. Like the hottest chick I've seen and I've looked at every model magazine to jerk off too—"

Altin turned to his friend, "Wait a minute."

Jacob shushed him as a blush coated his cheeks, "You should talk to her at lunch or when you see her next."

Altin shook his head, "I know I'm hot man but I'm not her hot."

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Besides your ego, I'm totally sure she's into you. She knew you name and today's her fucking first day. The bell didn't even ring yet! It's not even her fucking first day of school yet!"

Altin looked towards friend wide eyed, "She's into me?"

Jacob nodded with a huge smile.

<><><>

Laelia gulped as she stepped into the two boys and pulled open her locker and pretended to put text books into her locker. From the corner of her eye, she saw her assignment shut his locker and freeze as he looked down at her.

She could fell his gaze burning into the side of her face. His just an assignment, Laelia. Why the fuck is your heart beating so fast? You're done this before... his just another rich kid that needs protection.

She slowly turned to him and stuck her hand in with the charming smile her father taught her to use, "Hey, my name's Kenley."