Chapter Nineteen: Miss Mystic Falls

Addison Gilbert POV*

A week ago, after telling Damon those three little words, he was a bit distant for a few days, and I know he was for sure spooked

A week ago, after telling Damon those three little words, he was a bit distant for a few days, and I know he was for sure spooked. So, when he finally started acting at least a little bit normal, and wasn't bringing it up, I just decided to give him his space, and not bring it up.

At this very moment, I'm sitting at my desk in Ric's classroom, waiting for class to start. And since it's that time of year again (Founders Day,) they are going to make the man teach about the town's history. It's almost like we haven't heard it every year since we were born, but whatever.

I came early today, just sit and could listen and watch, possibly record, Papa Ric (get it, cause he's basically my stepdad) mumble and grumble about straying from the set learning schedule. And soon enough, it was time for class to start, "Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day." Oohh, here it comes, "Apparently the community leaders feel it's more important than World War 2 but hey what do I know?" Pop off sis!

After that, he moved to the door to shut it, but at the last second, and short girl, with dark hair came in, and it wasn't just any girl, but none other than our Bon Bon. "Sorry I'm late."

"Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Mr. S told her with a warm smile before going to the front of the class. Bonnie sat down a few desks away from me, and when she looked over, I just sent her a small smile, not wanting to make the teenage witch uncomfortable.

—~•+•~—

After History, I went to meet up with Caroline, since she wanted me to be there for her when they announced the Miss Mystic Falls Candidates. It was no surprise that it was her, Lena, and a few other girls who made it onto the court. Last year, when they were accepting the applications, I was pregnant, and though mom really wanted me to, I told her that I wasn't going to do it. She was really upset about it, and looking back now, I wish I would've done it anyways, just so she wouldn't be even more disappointed in me.

After the exciting news, Care decided that she wanted to find Bonnie, and dragged me along with her to do so. "Bonnie! Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" Care burst in-between my twin and the teenage witch and pulled our personal Sabrina into a huge embrace. "I know we talked everyday but I missed you."

I knew that the pair talked every day, unlike Bonnie did with either Lena or myself, but by the look on her face, Elena did not. She sent her butt hurt look my way, and I simply shrugged in response, looking back over to the two girls reuniting in front of us.

"How are you doing?" Car asked the shorter girl as she pulled away from the hug.

"Better. Better. You know, glad to be back and trying to keep myself busy." Bonnie answered, not even sparing a glance over to the twin and myself.