"why would you say such thing? all parents love their kids." she said this in order to trigger him to finally gain some information about his relationship with his parents.

his eyes suddenly became red and wet as he looked at her with a clenched jaw. "not mine!" he exclaimed.

she felt bad for a second, for upsetting him with that comment, but he had brought it up himself and she needed to know more about him, in order to help him.

"why? i find hard for someone to not like you minhyuk-ssi."

he looked at her with lost eyes. "my parents hated me, that's why they threw me in here."

"but didn't you say you were happier here?" at that point he seemed confused.

"did i?"

"yes. last month you did."

"i miss my friends... and school." he admitted.

it was heartbreaking hearing these things from him, especially when he was already 20 years old and he's been locked in there for the past 4 years but he still believed he was 16 and that he was enrolled in the same high school, he still believed that his friends were waiting for him there and that his little sister was a newborn baby.

"i am sure you do... but... why do you think that about your parents?"

he remained silent for a moment but swallowed hard. "chocolate. that's my favorite flavor." he said now looking at her. "i hate strawberry." he added.

soon nodded as she took that note down at her notebook. "i am sure that maybe there's a chocolate in there... would you like one?" she said pointing at the plastic jar of candy next to him.

he turned to it and looked with bright eyes. "i see one."

she smiled. "then take it." she said with a reassuring tone and soft eyes.

he reached out for the jar and pulled out the small chocolate from it and smelled it. "it has caramel too."

"do you like it?" she asked, he quickly nodded. "okay. you can eat it if you want."

he proceeded to open the small package but as soon as he was to put it on his mouth, he looked at her with doubtful eyes. "is this a trap?" he asked warningly.

soon frowned. "what? no... of course not. it's a gift for you."

"that's not what they say."

"who?"

"the voices." he quickly admitted, putting it down next to him. soon looked at him with concerned eyes.

"are they here right now?" she asked, he only nodded.

"you're more powerful than they are minhyuk... they stopped you from eating pudding this morning right? – he nodded – and you really wanted it – he nodded again – then are you going to let them stop you from eating the chocolate right now?" she asked, pointing at it.

he glanced at the chocolate and then at her, shaking his head. "you're stronger than those voices... you're in control of your body. you can eat it if you want."

suddenly he started crying, holding onto his head as if he was in pain. tears streamed down his face as he groaned silently. "minhyuk-ssi!" she exclaimed, trying to get his attention.

"t-the vo-voice-s..." he yelled now as he twisted on the couch. soon the door opened and hyunwoo walked in glancing cautiously at dr. park but she extended her hand to stop him from intervening.

"you're stronger than they are... you can fight them minhyuk-ssi... push them away." she said standing from the couch and walking cautiously towards him.