"The emperor has provided us quite the spread today," Opal said. "We've been hard at work for days preparing today's feast. House au Saara has imported delicacies from all over the empire. There's this fruit from the fields on Olympium that is to die for. Well, that's what I've heard. Androids have no need to consume fruit, of course—"

"What have I told you about rambling, Opal?" Noia said with a roll of her eyes. "Don't make me mess with your conversation configurations again."

The android bowed her head as an embarrassed look washed over her features. "Yes, High Priestess. My apologies."

Iggy offered her a smile. "That all sounds lovely."

Opal smiled back at him.

"Come," Noia said as she stepped through the second archway. "It's time for introductions."

#

The Elysians were gifted in many areas. Some of the most important and sophisticated pieces of technology came from the minds of their researchers and engineers. Their military might awarded them control over hundreds of planets throughout the galaxy. The size of their space fleet meant they had a monopoly on the

But their true calling might've been in the party business.

The feast was held in an auditorium kitted to the gills with tables food of food and drinks, lavish decorations, and sculptures crafted out of sparkling stone. Long, cloth-covered tables were placed in a half-circle around an assortment of smaller tables with chairs placed around them. At the front of it all was an elevated platform boasting a golden throne. Six chairs flanked its left and five remained on the right—each one reserved for the head of each Noblus house. The wall behind them was a tall, long window crafted out of stained glass the color of gold. A view of an ocean met Iggy's eyes through the colored panes. Waves crashed against the craggy cliffs the Elysian palace was built upon.

Peeling his eyes from the breathtaking view, he took another look around the room. Chatter and music buzzed in the air. Plenty of Elysians donning bold outfits populated the space. As soon as Iggy entered the room, he felt their judgmental stares. While the clothes he and Tenn wore were meant to help them blend in, they couldn't help but stick out like sore thumbs amongst the perfect Elysians and androids among them.

High Priestess Noia Adani stood out amongst the crowd as well, but for other reasons. She might not have been an Elysian, but her beauty couldn't be compared to theirs. They seemed to know it as well, as she seemed to catch a few dirty looks herself.

Iggy tilted his head at her as Opal led them to an empty. "How come you were the one to bring us here?"

"Excuse me?"

"The emperor could've sent anyone to pick us up from the arena. But he sent you, his fiancé. Why?"

She shrugged but turned her face from his. The answer hid somewhere in her eyes. Before he could go searching for it, a waiter holding a tray of vegetables cut into funny shapes passed him by. His eyes widened as they latched onto the appetizers.

He'd never been so hungry before.

Giggling, Noia stopped the waiter and grabbed three of the tiny vegetable dishes. She handed one to Iggy and one to Tenn. They each took a bite simultaneously. Their faces lit up like lightbulbs.

Iggy devoured the rest of his without a second thought. It easily was the best thing he'd tasted in cycles. Certainly better than anything he'd eaten in the arena or on Novr. He peered at the tables full of food behind him. Opal hadn't been kidding.

"There's more where that came from," Noia said. She gestured at their seats. "Please, sit. Enjoy yourselves." She turned to her servant. "Look after them."