Chapter nine

*8 year old Ariana's POV*

I was at school since it was lunchtime and I was laughing with my friends when the principal came up to me. "Ariana, your brother and sister are here." I was confused but I grabbed my bag and said bye to my friends. I went to the office and saw Harry and Gemma give me a sad smile. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked them. Harry looked over at Gemma and sighed softly. "Mum and Dad got in a bad car accident and they didn't make it." I just broke down in tears and fell down to the ground and I felt like I couldn't breathe as I felt like my whole world had just stopped. Gemma picked me up and brought me over to the car with Harry walking behind us and got in as we drove back home. I had cried for hours and hours as Harry sat beside me and comforted me. I didn't even want to believe this was real life.

*The next day*

I woke up at 10:00 today and just laid in my bed. I didn't want to move from my bed all day. Then I heard Harry and the boys come in as Harry brought me food as I looked at it. "Thanks but I'm not hungry." I said. "You have to eat something love." He says. I huffed softly as I took a couple bites of the food then me and the boys cuddled and watched movies for the rest of the day and I knew that they would be here to help me through this tough time.

*8 years later*

15 year old Ariana's POV

"It's so offensive though!" Harry said, throwing down a dishtowel in mock anger. I laughed nervously and I quickly tossed the Nando's takeout bag into the trash bin. "I didn't know that you would be cooking tonight Haz!" I say. He sat down at the kitchen table where the two plates where placed full of food that even I had to admit, with my full stomach, looked delicious. But I had avoided eating at hike because honestly the thought of sitting with Harry on one corner of what used to be our families dining room table before our parents died in a car crash depressed me. "You've eaten out every night." Harry said, almost on cue like he was reading my mind. I opened my mouth to answer but he cut me off gently. "And I mean I get it. But c'mon, I've been told I'm a great cook and I would really love to not be eating alone anymore." He sort of moaned the last part, bringing his head on the table a few times. "All right, all right." I giggled, throwing my bag down and taking a seat next to him, pulling the plate close to me. Harry looked up, his eyes shining before he let out a laugh. "But if I throw up later, I want no complaints from you as you hold back my hair."

*2 years later*

17 year old Ariana's POV

Michael is taking me out tonight and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I never been on a date before, let alone had a boyfriend before. Harry had told me that when I was 15 almost 16 that I wasn't allowed to date, but now that I'm at that age where I'm allowed to date, he let me date him. And of course he does trust Michael not to hurt me since I am his baby sister. He just doesn't want me to get hurt like he did when Kendall, his ex-girlfriend cheated on him before he got with Lukey and before he was pregnant with Sydney. "So what do you think?" I smiled softly, watching my older brother and sister turn in a full circle in the middle of our living room. Harry and Gemma exchanged looks before Gemma nodded her head proudly. "You've done well Ari. I thought it would look like a garbage truck to be honest, with your sense of taste, but you've made me proud." She said and I laughed loudly as I shook my head. "I think it's quite lovely, Ari." I heard Harry say in a quiet voice, hands behind his back as he smiled. "You've done an job making it seem like home." He says. "I know, I already feel comfortable knowing that you're both with me now." I said as I ran my hand across the back of the couch. "Course the first few nights I was miserable, it was so quiet. But now I love it. I can't believe that I have my first date with Mikey." I squeal softly. Harry collapsed on the couch and stared blankly at the wall. Gemma chuckled, sliding down next to him and putting a hand on his back. "Weird isn't it? Seeing her all grown up? Felt the same watching you." She says. "I guess that I just sort of thought," Harry started slowly. "That she'd be the baby forever, you know? It was natural seeing you grow up, you were older than me. But watching her is scary, I don't like it."