Chapter Fourteen

Please go checkout 'A Touch and Sin'. It is my other book, and is updated more often :)

'Cause I'd never treat me this shittyYou make me hate this cityAnd I don't talk shit about you on the internetNever told anyone anything bad'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everythingAnd all that you did was make me fucking sad

You make me hate this city

And I don't talk shit about you on the internet

Never told anyone anything bad

'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everything

And all that you did was make me fucking sad

'Cause I'd never treat me this shittyYou make me hate this cityAnd I don't talk shit about you on the internetNever told anyone anything bad'Cause that shit's embarrassing, you were my everythingAnd all that you did was make me fucking sad

Chapter 14 - Wholesome Memories
Elena's POV

I watched as Blake emerged from the water coughing and spluttering, but also laughing with a sense of joy I was very cautious to watch him have. After diving in from the top of a small rock, he approached the shallow end of the lake, closer to me. I half expected him to come and force me into the water, which I didn't want to do.

I was afraid of water. They used to dunk my head under for long periods of time. I hated the feeling of not being in control. I could not stand not being able to breathe. Suffocating, clawing at anything that could potentially provide you with some more oxygen, the feeling of choking for something that was so vital - it was horrendously terrifying. Of course, eventually, I would pass out from lack of oxygen and they would bring me back up, strip me of my clothes and leave me in the cold environment for days until I was on the brink of death.

It was those days that I wish I had died.

So, I didn't go into the water - even the shallow end. I sat here, watching Blake shift into his wolfy form in the shallow water and start moving around. He looked like he was having a wondrous time, doing wolfy things. I didn't understand what wolves usually did, but I guess this wasn't an accurate representation either.

It would've been awkward in normal circumstances, but I found it quite relaxing just to watch him. The Doctor's appointment had spooked me a little, but here I was happy. It was sweet to watch Blake swiftly shift into his wolfy form and just prance in the shallows, then become distracted by a blue butterfly and then try to chase it.

He had explained to me prior to him shifting that he was going to shift and that his wolf just needed some time outside as he had been cramped up inside for a long time. I wasn't very eager to begin with, but I let him for he may have hurt me if he hadn't.