Machine Retrieval

Start from the beginning

Liquid splatters as glass shatters against the floor. It's dull and meaningless to me.

"готовы соблюдать" ready to comply

"Silv?"

"какова моя миссия?" What is my mission?

"There's no mission. FRIDAY GET STEVE!"

"Steve."

Feet move, dripping blood from wounds made by splintered glass and whiskey burning the bleeding skin.

The door of the stairwell flys open, dents where metal palms hit, glassy eyes, look upwards ears listen  for footnotes following but ignore hem when they come. Must be my partner.

Blood print trail up the stairs, a metal arms claps around another's arm. Not a partner. An opposing force.

Metal knuckles glance off a metal bicep, throwing sparks. A voice is heard, the speaker is not seen.

"Mr. Barnes do you acquire assistants?"
"YES!"

Barnes. James. Bucky. Winter. Soldier. Trainer. Killer.

"BUCKY?!" A voice over head. The mission.

Steps are skipped, Winter is chasing me, good luck. You trained me, you should know I can't be caught or killed. But good try, and that's al it is, an effort.

Blood clots are forming and ripping apart, blonde hair is seen from a set of stairs below where he is.

Use the surprise of a female rushing at him as an opening to attack. Tackling him at the waist and pulling metal fists into his face before being pulled off by Winter does damage.

A little girl is in the doorway a few feet from us. "Mom?" 

No. No. NO.

You have his eyes.

Aly.

Should someone be sitting beside me?

No.

Killer a voice not of my own rings through my head

I am the killer it's speaking about.

"Silv?"

The mission leaves my head. I know I wasn't actually sent to kill Steve. It was my own mind that came with the idea.

"Silver?"
"Buck, what happened?"
"I don't know. She dropped a bottle and said that she was-"
"-ready to comply. Asked for mission. He yelled for a Steve. He is my mission." No, calm down, no one is to die by my hands. Not today, not tomorrow. Not ever again.

They stare at me. "Was. Is? Fuck it. I need sleep."

Moving to stand I am held strong. "James let go of me. I'm going to bed."
"Aly get out of here."

The girl. My Aly child. She's still watching.

"Aly go back to bed. It's late."
"Dad it's not even ten."
"Go to bed." There's an edge to the soldier's voice.