Chapter Four - Silver Raven

A/N: Sorry it took so long. Tried to make it longer but it was a fail so... eh  ///

Well, happy reading and enjoy

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Chapter Four – Silver Raven

Laela

When I woke up this morning, my dad was no where in sight so I took the chance to go outside. Maybe I can run away this time. My wistful thinking never gets me any where. There's no point in trying, he'll just find me again.

I heard the soft rustling of leaves somewhere in the large bushes and turned to look and see what was making the sound. A pair of red eyes met mine. I froze on my spot in fear. Don't hurt me. Please, don't hurt me. Despite the fear, I tried to force my legs to move.

Wait! Who are you? What are you doing alone here in the forest?” The voice came from the black haired, red eyed girl that came out of the bushes. After a moment of silence, she held out her hand and spoke again, “my name is Jean, by the way, what's yours?”

I wanted to speak but I coudn't. My name is Laela.

Jean looked at me with those bright, inquisitive eyes. I felt something stir in my stomach. I haven't eaten anything in the past few days. Father said I couldn't, that I didn't deserve to eat after disobeying him. I don't even know how I could still manage to stand, let alone walk, when my whole body from the inside-out feels like it's eating itself. My bones feel shaky and my whole body is twiching from the intense hunger. “Can you talk?”

I just stared right back at her, not bothering to answer. If he finds out that I spoke I wouldn't be able to eat for another couple of days.

You look hungry. I have some food with me but I don't know if it will be enough. Would you like some?” She went to sit under a big tree and glanced to the spot beside her and looked back at me. “Come sit beside me. You look a bit tired and you're shaking.”

I don't know, maybe it was the prospect of having food fill me even by a little that drew my feet to Jean.

Will you let me hear your voice?” Jean asked as I nibbled on the larger half of the sandwich.

I looked down onto my hands and the bit of food where they now rest on my lap. My voice doesn't exist, why would you want to hear it?

How'd you do that?”

I tuned took at her with my brows creased ever so slightly.

You know, talk without moving your mouth.”

I just continued staring at her, the sandwich almost forgoten.

Can I call you Ela? I'm not sure but I think I heard you say that your name was Laela..”

--

I woke up to the sun's rays shining down on my face through the cracks from the window curtains. That dream again. It was one of my happier memories of her, the day we met. I'm sorry, Jean. I'm sorry. I felt a lone tear slide down my cheek. I cluched onto my left shoulder. Jean.

I washed down my remorse and steeled myself. No point in brooding, now. I doubt I'll ever see her again. And even if by some miracle that I do, I doubt Jean will remember me.

Wash it down. Wash it down, It's over. I chanted in my head. Every time I would dream of her, pain and remorse would consume me so I just pushed it all down and went on with my life of silence.