Past is the Past

Brantley  POV

I threw my phone across the room and it shattered into pieces, damn Otterbox wasnt worth a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of.  Mother Fucker!  I screamed causing Michael, Kolby, PJ, and Eli to come running through the door just as I was throwing the Yeti jug across the room causing it to hit the wall and knock a picture down. "Uh, B. May wanna quiet down, think ya scared all the deer off within a 50 yard radius" Kolby retorted. I picked up a water bottle and launched it knocking him square between the eyes. "Shut the fuck up asshole or the next thing I'll hit you with will be a broadlead in your ass!"

"B, what the hell is wrong with you?  I haven't seen you this pissed since a bonfire a few years ago when some dude hit his ol lady" Eli asked.

"I swear to God that woman is gonna be the death of me" I replied as I lit up a cigarette. 

"Who?" Michael asked. I looked around at everyone and took a deep breath in. "Ellie. She said there may not be a wedding now."

"What the hell?  No man. What'd you do now?"  Kolby asked.

"Nothing, well, not exactly nothing. Amber showed up the other day at 7:30 in the morning, said she wanted to talk. I knew she was up to her old tricks since world got out and evidently Brock and her are divorced now. Well, Ellie got home from working a double at the hospital and saw her there on the front porch. I guess she thought she spent the night since it was early. I was telling Amber she needed to leave that I dont want to see here again. Well, Ellie stormed past me, told me to fuck off and told Amber if she saw her again she would put her in a body bag, packed her bag and left. Her, Britt, Caroline, Melissa are in Vegas with Charlie Hunnam and Shemar Moore doing what is supposed to be our bachelorette/bachelor weekend." 

About that time Luke, Jason, and Cliff walked in. Evidently hearing what I had said. I looked at them, Cliff last because I knew it wasnt gonna be good.

"B, just let you know I talked to  Caroline, and she wanted to say that Mama Becky already knows and wanted me to tell you that you're a shitbird and you aren't allowed to crash with us when you get kicked out." I tried not to laugh bc I knew Mama was close with the girls. "Duly noted Luke."

"Boss, I'm gonna a need you to take a walk with me" Cliff said. I knew this was gonna happen. Just waiting for the time. I grabbed my jacket and gloves since it was cold and followed him out.

We walked for a bit then Cliff but the bullet and asked the question "did you fuck Amber when Ellie caught her there?  Cause so help me Gilbert I will put a cap in your ass and beat you with your own brass knuckles!"

I took a long drag of my cigarette trying to formulate what exactly to say to him. "No, I didn't touch her. She showed up at 7:30 saying she wanted to talk. Which at 7:30 in the morning who has to talk about something with someone you haven't seen or talked to  in years?  I was telling her she had to leave that I didn't care what she had to say when Ellie got home fr ok m working a double. We were never in the house. She wasnt there but a few minutes, hell I'll give the security tapes to you to see for yourself." 

Cliff took a drag off bu is own cigarette and stared off into the Alaska sky for a moment then finally looked st me and said, "Boss, you are like a brother to me, so I'm gonna shoot you straight. I believe you, I know you wouldn't hurt Ellie. I also know the type of girl that Amber is, which is also why I know you are telling me the truth. You're gonna have to get Ellie to believe you once she gets back from Vegas. Her longtime celebrity crush is there, Shemar Moore and so is Jax Teller aka Charlie Hunnam, so you may have your work cut out for you."

"I got it all taken care of  Cliff, I'm getting our girl back." I smiled confidently.

We walked back to the cabin and gathered up our rifles. "Cmon hall, let's go get Tiny" I told everyone. "Tiny, who the hell is Tiny?" Jason asked. "That big moose that was out there yesterday that you somehow missed." I replied. Everyone busted out laughing and started giving him hell again about it. How he missed that big moose I'll never know.

Being out in the woods gave me a clearer head, I knew what it would take to get my girl to see that Amber wasn't who I wanted and that nothing happened. I called Steve and had him get ahold of every angle of footage from the day she showed up and email it to Ellie. That was just the beginning, I had a few more ideas, but I was gonna have to convince Caroline to help me