seven

Mingyu was busy stacking up books on the shelves, being extra careful to place them neatly and in a very organized manner since he mainly forgot everything; and he was sure to forget where each book was if he didn't stack them efficiently

Mingyu was busy stacking up books on the shelves, being extra careful to place them neatly and in a very organized manner since he mainly forgot everything; and he was sure to forget where each book was if he didn't stack them efficiently. He's been teaching his kitten about literature and reading all day that he had forgotten about doing his daily chores around the house, but with all honesty, he liked teaching him so it didn't bother him at all.

W was a fast learner, he learned the words fast meaning that he was prepared to start reading at any moment now.

Yet, he was so entertained with the books that he hadn't noticed when the older male shyly tapped his shoulder, as if shy to be disturbing him from doing his chores. His gaze softened once he saw the older male and began to scratch behind W's ears, earning a purr from the latter; and his smile increasing by the second.

“What’s wrong? Something bothering you?” The younger mutters with a smile.

“C-can you read for me? I can't really read… yet.”

“Ah, of course!” the younger chuckles. “But, I thought that you could read by now? You were reading perfectly fine just a minute ago.”

“I still can't read.” W looks down in embarrassment, playing with the hem of his shirt in anxiety.

“Oh,” Mingyu hums. “You mean as in you can't read the words yet?” Mingyu says densely.

“I can't see them Mingyu, they're too blurry. The words are too small for me to be able to see them.”

“Ah, right, right!” Mingyu chuckles embarrassedly, usually he could be dense. “Ah! I think I know exactly what you need.” Mingyu smiled before rushing over to his nightstand and looking through the cabinets trying to find his old glasses. His smile increasing as he gave them to W.

“Here, maybe you'll see better with these. Um.. this are my old glasses, I don't use them anymore ‘cause well, um..” He coughs awkwardly as he mumbles to himself. “.. someone told me I looked funny in them—but anyways! I think it'll suit you quite nicely. I don't know if they fit you, but we can try!”

W looks down at the pair of circular framed glasses and purses his lips, while mockingly looking up at the younger again. “Um… Mingyu, I appreciate the glasses and all, but.. I'll just look like that kid from the book you told me about? And I don't want to look funny either.”

“What are you saying?” The younger chuckles at the older's statement. “Just, try them on, I'm sure you'll look fine, no big deal. If you want to read you'll have to take all the chances you can get, and besides, why are you anxious? Try them!”

W nods lightly and hesitates before trying the glasses on, his eyesight increasing immensely. He was astounded and squinted a bit before adjusting his eyes to the glasses; he smiled once he saw everything much clearer. He couldn't believe how amazing everything looked now, how he could see Mingyu much clearer now and could admire his beauty even more.