twenty-five

I mustered up the courage to take to Ivy after our two week restraining order period. 

me: so why did you do it?

ivy: what are you talking about exactly? why I faked my own death or what?

me: why you faked your own death, you didn't even tell anybody, not even me.

ivy: I thought it would ruin the whole thing. I just thought if I faked my own death for a while for the senior class project it would be harmless and nobody would take it that hard. I guess my calculations were wrong.

That just set me off the rails, really.

me: calculations? are you really going to associate calculations with human lives and feelings? nobody even dared uttered your name when we all thought you passed away. I almost committed suicide for you! I thought that if you weren't on this earth then, I don't think I could be too. 

ivy: I didn't mean for it to go that far. 

me: well most bad things start with good intentions.

ivy: I'll give you your letter back, something, anything! please is there a way for you to forgive me?

me: who was in that casket?

ivy: what? that's not importa-

me: who was in that casket? because I swear to god if you took an innocent corpse that already found peace to make up this little project of yours so help me g-

ivy: it was a wax figure. what's got you so worked up? honestly?

I just had to ask. I've already came this far, I needed to know no matter how much it would cost me.

me: are you karla?