Vingt-trois

New Year's Eve rolled around faster than they had expected. The lads decided on spending one more night at the Tomlinson/Deakin residence as did Charlotte and Tom. The older kids were planning a party and they all invited a bunch of friends. Louis had even invited an old mate, Liam, from when they were children, but he wasn't able to make it, it was his weekend with his son and he was taking him to see fireworks.

The eldest siblings and their significant others headed out to the store to grab supplies for their party. Felicitie tagged along too, squishing in between her brother and his boyfriend. "Lou, can you buy me booze for tonight, pleaseeeee." The brunette girl begged, resting her head on Lou's shoulder, trying to persuade him. "Uh, no. You'll be 18 soon, Fiz." He patted the top of her head, "What if mum agrees?" "If mum says yes, I'll buy you whatever alcohol you like." He replied, knowing full well his mum wouldn't ever allow any of her children to break the law.

Louis called his mother, placed her on loud speaker and laughed when she scolded Felicitie for even asking. "Both you and Lottie drank underage." She sighed, clearly annoyed. "That's true. We didn't get our siblings to buy us drinks though." Charlotte laughed. "I'm nearly 18." "No, you're not."

Tom pulled into a parking space causing the full car to soon be empty. "Are we shopping together or splitting up?" Lottie asked, looking around the group for answers. They all agreed to stay together. "Considering you won't buy me alcohol, will you buy me a smoothie?" Fiz asked her brother, "I will." Harry piped in, "I feel like a smoothie. Anyone else want one?" Louis refused to let him pay for his sister, "I'll buy them." He smiled, pulling out his card.

Felicitie ordered the drinks, it was obvious why she went up to order- she fancied the guy behind the counter. "She's literally trying so hard." Lottie cooed, "Should I go help her?" The guys shrugged, they had no idea. Charlotte's boots echoed through the mall as she walked towards her sister. "I thought I'd come help you carry the smoothies when they're done." She smiled, "I'm Charlotte, do you two know each other?" She asked the boy, Dylan. "Felicitie and I are in a few classes together, our friend group is kinda combined." The girls grabbed the cup trays, "We're having a party tonight, you should come around?" Lottie invited, "Send Felicitie a text for the address. See you there, Dylan."

-

They had arrived home by half 4, moving to the shed to set everything up for tonight. Tom layered a wheelbarrow with snow then a layer of drinks, followed by more snow. He continued until he couldn't fit anything else in the make shift esky. Harry and Louis worked on re arranging the shed to make more space and the girls, now all four of them, started decorating and setting up the speakers. "Dylan just messaged me!" Fiz squealed, typing away quickly on her phone, "I said come at 7." She told her older sister. "I don't want to catch you making out with this boy." Louis cut in, "I gave Tom a hard time at first." He laughed, "Nothing I couldn't handle." Tom smirked.

The girls went inside early to get ready while the lads finished everything up before heading inside. They walked past Jay who was preparing all the food with the help of her husband. "Do you need any help? I'm decent in the kitchen." Harry offered. "He's fantastic. I'm only with him for his cooking." "I'm never cooking for you again." H laughed, "Like I'd believe that anyway. You love me too much, Tomlinson." "That is very true, Styles." "Alright enough with the lovey dovey-ness. We're fine, thank you Harry, go down and get ready with the guys." The elder woman smiled.

-

Party goers arrived around 7 and by 8 the party was pumping. The legal were tipsy, everyone was chatting or dancing. Liam even showed up real quick to see his childhood mate and to show off his son, Bear- Jay was in love and only came outside to see him. The minute the baby left she disappeared back into her house.

By 10 the shots were being passed around religiously. Louis was blind drunk, Harry having to keep an eye on him for his safety. Harry never really was one to drink, sure he had a few but he never did get wasted, what was the point? You don't remember half the fun in the morning so why put your body through that? A fight kicked off at 10:30. Harry being the only sober one had to stand in between the drunk lads. He threw punches and had to force one guy out of the party. "That was the hottest thing I've ever seen." Louis kept repeating, kissing Harry over and over again. "I don't want to talk about it, Lou." Harry finally spoke up after everyone's attention turned elsewhere. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?" The drunk boyfriend asked, clearly not registering that H didn't want to talk about it. "We'll talk about it tomorrow." He quickly sent a prayer up above, hoping the plastered man wouldn't remember any of this in the morning. He really, really didn't want to even think about this again. Violence was apart of his old life. Not this one. He wasn't going to allow that to happen, not again.

Tom was also not as drunk as the rest, "Are you alright, mate?" He asked, coming to sit by Harry while he sat alone collecting his thoughts. "Yeah, m'fine. Enjoying the party?" He wasn't fine and he thinks that Tom knew he was lying but he couldn't get himself to speak about it. Didn't want to. "Yeah, it's fucking wild. The Tomlinson's know how to drink, eh?" He pointed towards his girlfriend who was laughing hysterically at one of her friends trying to twerk. "Tell me about it" H laughed, motioning towards his love who held himself up against the wall and chatted to a few guys. "I saw what you did to that guy earlier. I was about to step in but I realised you didn't need my help." "I honestly don't want to talk about it, yeah? If they don't remember in the morning please don't remind them. I don't want to get into that with Lou. It's a whole other part of my life I don't want to relive." He hung his head down. "I understand, mate. Sorry for bringing it up." And with that he took off to help Charlotte who had began puking in the snow.

Harry sat in that exact spot twisting his braids around his fingers for the next hour. Not moving. The memories were flooding back in and he half thought about downing half a bottle of vodka to drown his thoughts. He didn't. He knew better. He only came back to his senses when Louis fell down on his lap, positioning himself to kiss his boyfriend. Everyone began the 10 second countdown and soon he was kissing Louis. All bad thoughts melting away as their tongues danced together for the first time this year.