⌜ thirty four ⌟

chan tugged taeyong's pants and made the nurse look at him

is daddy and papa going to be ok?❞ the baby questioned

taeyong wanted to tell him the truth but he lied for the sake of the baby not be worried ❝yeah. the principal is just going to talk things out.

a lie. something was obviously going to happen to mark, and maybe to donghyuck too.

is it baby chan's fault?❞ chan looked down, not wanting to let taeyong see that he was crying

but his sobs can be heard and it made taeyong crouch down and pat his back ❝sshh be quiet, don't cry.

chan rubbed his eyes to wipe the tears away but more keeps on coming out.

i'm sorry.❞ mark's voice echoed around the room

johnny stopped flipping through the pages of the book and stared at mark ❝you do know what will happen?

donghyuck stood up ❝it's my fault.

he shouldn't have forced mark to bring chan to school and leave him at the clinic.

mark held donghyuck's hand and ❝sit down❞ mouthed him those words

how is it your fault, donghyuck?❞ johnny questioned

mark opened his mouth to say something but johnny stopped him by raising his hand in front of him, telling him that he's talking to donghyuck and not to him.

mark tightened his grip on donghyuck's hands and the younger just stayed silent. he was afraid that he might say something that would worsen the situation.

as what i have heard a while ago, the baby called you his papa.❞ johnny ran a hand through his hair ❝are you really? legally?

mark knew that donghyuck will also get involved if he says yes, and he knew the younger will say yes.

ye—

no. he's just a neighborhood friend who visits my house often.❞ mark lets go of donghyuck's hands

what are you doing?❞ donghyuck whispered in mark's ears, confused.

mark wanted to ask the same thing to the younger. why would he say yes when they aren't legally together. they aren't even in a relationship.

donghyuck?

actually—

mark went in front ❝leave donghyuck out of this. i'll gladly accept any punishments.

after a long talk between the three, donghyuck and mark went out the room with their heads down.

the baby saw his 'parents' and was about to run towards them but stopped when he saw donghyuck hugging mark.

why did you do that?❞ donghyuck mumbled

mark just stared at the younger, not wanting to say anything.

he held back the urge to hug the crying boy. ❝donghyuck, stop crying

it is so unfair—

how? how is it unfair?❞ mark held donghyuck and pulled him away from the hug. ❝chan is my son, not yours.

taeyong held the baby's hand and wanted to drag him away from the scene but the baby didn't move and stayed there. the nurse just let the baby watch the scene.

but you said—

i said what? what? donghyuck can you just keep out of this? i don't want you to get involved in things like this.

but i am chan's papa.

mark sighed ❝you are just a guy that chan calls papa. you are not really his father.

those words hit the younger and he did nothing but just stand there and listen to what mark has to say.

i don't get it why you want to be included in this, it's my problem ok? not yours.❞ mark clicked his tongue and ruffled his hair ❝why do you want to be included anyways?

donghyuck just wanted to help since he is also part of this. but maybe helping wasn't the right thing to do.

mark let out a giggle. it was funny for him. ❝why do you even bother joining this mess? you said you didn't want to be part of the family, so why?❞ he placed both of his hands on his hips, waiting for the younger to answer.

taeyong walked towards them and pushed mark away ❝enough.

mark—❞ donghyuck got cut off when mark ran towards the baby and carried him.

the baby stared at donghyuck, worried was seen in the baby's eyes.

where are we going?❞ the baby questioned, still looking at donghyuck

mark turned around ❝we are going home.

what about papa?

the baby cried when mark started to walk away, not looking back. watching donghyuck getting distant every step mark makes made the baby sob in mark's shoulder.

he didn't want to leave donghyuck.

why is papa.. not coming with us?❞ the baby managed to ask the question in between his sobs

mark stayed silent and went down the staircase.

papa!❞ chan cried loudly as donghyuck disappeared from his sight.

mark placed the baby down and crouched to match the baby's height and wiped the tears falling using his thumb.

stop crying..

the baby shook his head as a no ❝why did you leave papa there? papa was crying. daddy made papa cry!

chan, he is not your papa, ok?❞ mark said, still wiping the tears that keeps on falling

the baby held mark's hands. mark watched chan's small hands wrapped around his thumb.

chan placed his father's hands down ❝you said you won't hurt papa.

i'm sorry—

i hate you daddy.

t b c