Chapter Nine

Toriel and Undyne had explained everything as they hurridly floated after the female covered in dust, trying to keep an eye out for Sans while they did.

Sans was the last monster alive in the underground.

"She's going to kill him," Papyrus said, trying to hold back his tears, "She's going-"

"There he is!" Undyne interrupted, pointing down the corridor.

"What's he doing in here?" Asgore asked no one in particular.

Sans was standing in the judgement hall, his hands in his pockets as he watched Chara. Papyrus' scarf was wrapped around his neck, but other than that, he looked normal.

"Sans," Chara giggled.

"Heya," He said, giving a slight wave, "You've been busy, huh?"

"He's wearing my scarf..." Papyrus nuttered.

"I have," Chara said, dusting off some mosnster dust in her pants, "Quiet noticeable, huh?"

Sans was silent for a moment, watching her with his grin, which sent cold shivers down everyone's spines, even Papyrus'.

"So," The short skeleton finally spoke again, shattering the eerie silence looming over them, "I've got a question for ya."

Chara tilted her head, "Hm?" She asked, chewing on the inside of her lip.

"Do you think even the worse person can change?" He asked, shuffling his hands slightly, "That everyone can be a good person, if they just tried?"

"Maybe," Chara giggled, tossing her knife up into the air and catching it a few times, "But I'm not going to try."

"Heh heh heh heh heh..." Sans chuckled lightly, "Alright, here's a better question for you. Do you want to have a bad time?"

Sans' eye sockets went black as he said the last part, making Chara freeze with fear for a moment.

He was terrifying when he could be.

"Sans seems r-really scary r-right n-now," Alphys stuttered, floating back a bit.

"Don't be scared," Papyrus said, "That lazybones doesn't try, and that's what I'm worried about."

"'Cause if you take another step forward," The pun saying skeleton said, pointing at the demon's feet, "You really aren't going to like what happens next."

Chara took a step forward, twisting the knife inside of her hand.

"We're going to be talking to Sans soon enough," Undyne sighed.

"Welp, sorry old lady," Sans apologized, "This is why I never make promises."

"It's fine," Toriel sighed.

"Do you honestly think you can beat me, you one attack one defense pathetic creature?" Chara laughed at him.

"Dunno," Sans shrugged as everything faded to black and white, "Maybe."

"Here we go," Chara sang to herself, excited to kill the last monster underground.

Sans' eye sockets were closed, his hands in his pockets as he spoke.

"Todays a beatiful day. Birds and singing," Sans said.

"What's he doing?" Papyrus asked.

"Flowers are blooming,"

"Is Sans writing a poem?" Undyne wondered out loud.

"On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D B E B U R N I N G I N H E L L."

No one was ready for what had happened next.