nineteen | i am steve rogers

"All fathers, give me strength

"All fathers, give me strength." Ingrid watched Thor with shaky breathing as he prepared to take the full force of the dying star. He had to survive because, without him, Thanos would destroy the universe as they knew it. "You understand, boy? You're about to take the full force of a star. It'll kill you." Ingrid's eyes snapped towards Eitri who looked at her with a miserable look.

"Only if I die," Ingrid smirks at Thor's comment before stepping into a position where she could see the god better.

"Yes, that's what, killing you means." Ingrid watches with wide eyes as he begins to open the iris. Soon light is flooding through and his screams filling her ears. Clasping her hands over her heads she watched as Eitiri began to melt the metal to make Storm Breaker. But even as Thor is a god, he couldn't hold on for long. The god came flying through where the light shone through moments ago, landing in front of Ingrid who had wide eyes as she examined his burnt exterior.

"Thor? Come on wake up." Ingrid pleaded as she shook his shoulders with tears in her eyes. She pulled her shaky hands away from his shoulders, resting them on his face. "Thor? Say something, come on." Rocket jumped out of the pod and knelt down next to him. "I think he's dying," Rocket told Eitri who was smashing the mold to get to the axe beneath. But it wasn't finished yet.

"He needs the axe. Where's the handle? Tree! Help me find the handle." Groot looked at the axe and Ingrid's shaking body as she leaned over Thor whose heart wasn't beating. Groot screamed as he wrapped his roots around the axe creating a handle, burning himself in the process. Ingrid looked over at him as he chopped off his arm and the axe fell to the floor.

But it wasn't there for too long as it began to levitate with lightning bolts striking the ground around it. The axe flew into Thor's hand causing both Ingrid and Groot to jump away so they wouldn't get electrocuted. Thor jumped to his feet as his eyes filled with lightning causing Ingrid to smile at him before running towards him.

"Are you ready to kill Thanos?" Ingrid asked Thor who smirked down and her and gave her a sweet kiss before enveloping her in his arms. "I was born ready. Tree, Rabbit, I am going to summon the Bifrost to take us to the fight. Get everything you need." Rocket grabbed his gun and extra ammo whilst Groot threw his video game to the side and as they all stood together, they looked badass.

"Let's do this," Ingrid shouted before Thor summoned the Bifrost with his new favorite weapon and soon they were all the battlefield in Wakanda on Earth "You guys are so screwed now!" Ingrid heard a voice shout and as she looked over to see who it was she was met with the face of Banner. Grinning and sending him a short nod, Ingrid was ready for a fight.

"Bring me, Thanos!" Thor yelled as they all ran in separate directions to kill as many of the disgusting creatures as possible. Ingrid fought through multiple of the creatures with her dragonfang which sliced through most of the monsters easily. Eventually, she fought side by side with Thor who was killing everything with ease as he used his new axe.

"New haircut?" A man with a shield in hand asked Thor who smirked and pointed at the other mans face. "I notice you've copied my beard. Oh, by the way, this is Ingrid. She is my love. This is Captain Steve Rogers." Ingrid paused fighting for a moment and smiled at the Captain before giving him a nod. "Captain."

"This is also a friend of mine, Tree." Thor gestured to Groot as he stabbed through three of their enemies. "I am Groot!"

"I am Steve Rogers." Ingrid smiled at the interaction before she was split up from the group and fighting enemies that seemed to surround her from all directions. She began to fight alongside two other women before massive siege weapons shaped like spinning circles approach the three causing them to prepare to shield themselves. And just as it seemed the three would be crushed, a woman dressed in red fell in front of them, lifting up the spinning wheels and throwing them at the enemies that approached them from behind.

"Why was she up there all this time?" The dark-skinned woman asked causing Ingrid to let out a slight chuckle before continuing fighting. Ingrid continues fighting and manages to dodge most of the attacks, only being scrapped once along her thigh. Ingrid quickly noticed Banner fighting some of the enemies in the trees and quickly made her way to his position as it appeared he was losing.

Ingrid noticed a red man being stabbed and she could only assume that the one doing the stabbing was the bad guy, so she jumps up with her feet and kicks him in the chest sending him flying backward. Steve quickly runs past her and tackles him to the ground. "Get outta here! Go!" Ingrid turns to help the man but freezes as she looks at the stone in his forehead. The mind stone.

"Shit." She says before turning and seeing Steve on the ground, about to be killed. Ingrid quickly runs over and shoves her sword through his chest before tossing his dead body to the side. She holds out her hand for Steve to grab which he does before the two run back to vision who pants on the ground. "I thought I told you to go." He helps Vision up as Ingrid stands in front of the two, making sure no further threats approach.

"We don't trade lives, Captain." Steve lay Vision down, knowing very well that Wanda would be there any second. But as he walked to stand next to Ingrid, the Valkyrie looked around at the quiet scenery. "Something is wrong." Steve nodded at her before talking to his team over the transmitters.

"Everyone on my position. We have incoming." They all felt it. The deathly quietness of the forest as the leaves simply fell towards the ground. The air was still and almost suffocating. He was coming and it wouldn't take long for them all to be dead.

I fucked up my back and was put on bed rest so that is fun. Also, the next chapter will most likely be the last until Avengers 4 comes out so I hope y'all are ready and thank you for coming on this journey with me. The next chapter will most likely be out in a couple of hours or tomorrow.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)