Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"I'm upset", Normani croaked, breaking the silence after a while.

"I know babygirl." Dinah continued to rub small circles on the darker woman soothingly. Normani pulled away from Dinah, looking up at her challengingly. "Oh? So why am I upset Dinah? You tell me."

Dinah mentally rolled her eyes at yet another mood swing from Normani. She was pretty sure that she was one mood swing away from getting whiplash, which made her begin to wonder if Normani was as tipsy as she is. Granted, Normani has mood swings on the daily, but this one was quite extreme and still made no sense if you asked Dinah. Instead of responding to Normani, the younger woman just stared at her in pure, utter, perplexity. Maybe if I act dumb, she'll just tell me what's wrong, I'll say sorry, and then we can forget this ever happened, Dinah thought.

"I'll give you a hint: her name rhymes with Sousa."

Okay, now Dinah was completely positive Normani was crazy as fuck. She's never met a woman with a name that rhymes with Sousa. "Who the fuck...", Dinah trailed off at a loss for words.

"It's Sizah, Dinah! I'm talking about Sizahhh!"

"Oh. You mean SZA?"

Normani nodded. "That's what I said didn't I? Scissor." Dinah stifled a laugh, shaking her head at the black-haired woman's antics. "Ohhh-Kayyy then. What about 'Scissor'?"

"I just find it funny how you can kiss all up on me, tell me how beautiful I am, and all that crap, then blatantly flirt with, and hug up on other females, more specifically Scissor. I saw everything, you know." Normani chuckled dryly. "Serves me right for actually trying to let my guard down for once." Feeling as though Dinah would let her pass because she finally told her what was wrong, Normani tried to maneuver around Dinah to get to the exit. Once again, Dinah prevented Normani from exiting, which made the darker woman deliver a strong shove to Dinah's chest. The blonde woman gasped, shocked at the fact Normani actually laid her hands on her. Granted, the shove did no damage and barely made her stumble, but Dinah still felt disrespected nonetheless.

"Dinah I'm not playing with you, move out of the damn way!"

"Don't you ever put your hands on me like that ever again", Dinah growled. The brunette laughed bitterly, causing Dinah's blood to boil. "Or what?", she challenged. "You wouldn't do shit."

In one swift motion, Dinah grabbed Normani's hand and roughly pushed her against the bathroom wall. "Shit", Normani yelped as her back hit the cold tile.

Dinah snatched both of Normani's wrists, pinning them both above her head, pressing her body into Normani's. The curly-haired woman's fists clenched in Dinah's hands, as she felt her body become noticeably warmer. One of the blonde's hands dropped from Normani's wrists, and fell to her waist. Dinah subtly applied pressure to the small waist, pushing her further into the wall. "Stop trying me Kordei", Dinah snarled in Normani's ear. Feeling a little trickle in her lower region, Normani gasped and swallowed harshly. Once she got herself together, she said, "I wouldn't be 'trying' you right now if your hands weren't all over Huzzah."

Dinah applied more pressure on Normani's waist gripping it tightly. "My hands weren't all over her. We shared one hug. No more, no less. And it wasn't even a let me cop a feel hug, it was just a goodbye hug. The only reason I even talked to her was because she told Lauren she wanted to make a song with me. It was strictly business."

"Oh? That's all?"

Dinah's eyes rolled all the was to the back of her head. "Yes that's all! You're the only female I want, trust me. I think about you all the damn time, I can't get my mind off you. Whether I'm with or without you, you're all I think about. And it's crazy because I never felt this way towards anyone else before", Dinah groaned in frustration, realizing she does have strong feelings for Normani, even though she feels like there's a high possibility the headstrong singer will play her, and most likely break her heart in the long run.