*Celeste above

I felt a new opening in life for myself. I thought about love again, new ideas, new things and places to explore. It had been a week since I identified my ex boyfriend's murderer, and I oddly felt at peace. Is that selfish? Is it disrespectful of me to finally feel like I can move on? All of a sudden I snapped back into reality as a hand waved in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was zoning out a bit," I said.

"It's all good, anything specific on your mind?" Allen asked me.

I shook my head, no. I smiled. I felt so happy again. I felt like the imaginary shackles weighing me down were finally released.

How selfish can I be? My boyfriend was shot and killed at such a young age and I'm happy that I feel free again?

No, I need to stop thinking like that. I deserve to feel happy, again.

Zita's Pizzeria was a go-to place that Allen and I always visited. It truly had the best pizza ever. Allen, my mom, and I all sat at a table eating pizza, laughing and talking. All of a sudden the laughing and talking died down. Then, I spoke.

"So, when Charles first died... I never truly got an explanation to what had happened and I think since they finally found the man, I should visit him." I stated.

My mom gave a concerning look to me.

"Celeste, I don't know. Shouldn't you just finally let this rest?" My mom said.

I sighed.

"I can now that I no longer have to live in fear. Now, I want answers."

Allen met my eyes. Sometimes I swear we can speak to each other with our minds.

"Fine, but you bring Allen with you."