Chapter 18

It's not even two weeks later when I find myself waking up to a moist bed. I sit up and frown at the boy laying next to me. Are you kidding me? He seriously peed himself again? "Brendon." I groan pushing his shoulder a bit

"What? I'm not having sex with you." I roll my eyes and push him again.

"Brendon did you pee yourself again?" Brendon sits up and looks around, brows furrowed.

"Huh?"

"Why is the bed wet?" Brendon stares for a moment until a faint look of realization flashes on his face.

"Ryan... I think my water broke." I gasp and throw the blankets off of us, jumping up, and run to Brendon's side.

"C'mon, we have to get you to the hospital." I say, helping Brendon up. He slowly gets up, hand on his stomach.

"But I don't feel any th-" A groan comes from deep in Brendon's chest and folds in on himself. "Okay lets go." He says after the shock passes. We head out of the room quickly and as I help Brendon down the stairs I yell to Dallon,

"It's time!" And as if Dallon was expecting it, he comes out of his room with Breezy and a bag in hand.

"I'll get the car!" Dallon runs past us down the stairs and Breezy grabs Brendon's other arm, leading him to get his shoes on. We're almost ready to go out the door until Brendon grabs my wrist.

"Wait! Ry, could you get the box on my dresser? I swear to god if you open it, I'll be pissed." I just nod and run upstairs, keeping my promise not to look at it. I finally get into the back of the car, telling Brendon to breath. "Breathing is the least of my worries." He growls.

Dallon begins going through a checklist out loud. "Underwear. Check. Socks, cause your feet get cold. Check. Diapers. Che-"

"Drive dammit!" Brendon yelps. I put my hands on Brendon's shoulders and try talking him through the rituals we were taught at birthing class. "As if I give a damn right now! I'm giving birth to a mother fucking human being. I just want Dallon to shut up and drive!" Brendon's hands are on his stomach, trying to calm the baby down.

Dallon's practically speeding towards the hospital. Brendon keeps yelling profanities and tells me, 'Not to fucking touch him, cause he did this to him.' Brendon's bangs stick to his forehead from the large amount of sweat building up on his skin and he hisses through gritted teeth. I've never been so scared in his life. "Almost there Brendon. Just calm down." Dallon says, trying to relax Brendon.

"Don't tell me to calm down! And I swear to fucking god, if you tell me to breath one more time, Ryan, I will kill you in your sleep." I gulp and back away from Brendon. Okay. So apparently he's the type of guy that turns into a psychopath during labor. Got it.

Dallon pulls the car up to the front of the building and I run around the side of the car to help Brendon out of the, but Brendon told him 'Not to fucking touch him, god dammit.' Jesus, I've never seen Brendon swear so much in my life. Come to think of it, I've never seen anyone swear so much in my life.

Though Brendon tells me not to, I place a protective hand at the small of his back as I tells the lady at the front desk that my boyfriend is in labor. Not that she couldn't already tell by Brendon's fowl mouth. I would tell him he's being dramatic, but I have a feeling that would get my dick cut off.

A nurse brings over a wheel chair and I slowly help Brendon into it. Brendon grabs my hand. "Thank you Ry. I love you so much." The fuck? I thought that Brendon was past the mood swings. Obviously not.

"Ah.. Sure baby." I manage. Brendon keeps a tight grip on my hand as a hospital aid wheels Brendon down the hall. "Bren, you're cutting off my circulation."

"Sorry." He whimpers. I frowns at my boyfriends tone. He sounds like he's in a lot of pain. I lean down and place a soft kiss on his lips. Kiss away the pain. That's what I'll do.

"Hey, it's okay. Squeeze as tight as you need." Brendon smiles up at him and the nurse brings them into room 708.

"Okay, so as you already know, since you are male, you won't be able to have a natural birth." The nurse says. Yes, we already knew. That means a nice long scar on Brendon's stomach. "We're going to take a few quick test to make sure you and baby are ready and then we'll get to the c-section." Brendon breaks out in a smile and I can't help but to do the same.

Ten minutes later, the nurse comes back with a hospital gown and a pair of scrubs. It's time. It's really time.

We change, one at a time of course, cause I'm required to help Brendon into his. Then after I change, we're really ready. We look at each other for a minute, taking in every last feature. This will be the last time I see Brendon like this... for now at least. Brendon quickly pecks me on the lips. "I love you Ry."

"Are you ready?" I ask, taking Brendon's hand.

"Ready as I ever be."

***

Brendon's POV

What the hell is going on?

What is Ryan smiling at?

Who's baby is crying?

"He's perfect." Ryan whispers. Who? Me? When a small bundle of blue blankets is placed in my arms, everything comes back to me. Oh. He is perfect.

Ryan crouches down next to me and places a kiss on my forehead. Then he places a kiss on the little pink thing in the blankets. The little human has pale skin with red blotches on various areas of his body. His fist were balled up around his face and his pink lips were slightly parted. He's not crying. Wow, he's beautiful.

"He looks just like Ryan." Dallon says from the other side of me. I can't even say anything. I'm just speechless. Moments later a nurse is taking Asher from my arms and my brows furrow. My arms reach out to him.

"Hey..." I whisper. Ryan quiets me by placing a kiss on my lips.

"He'll be back." Ryan says quietly, brushing hair away from my forehead. "You did so well. So so well." I look up at my boyfriend and smile, realizing how amazing my life is.

One little mistake has become such a huge part of my life. A casual affair has become my love for Ryan. Most people wouldn't be happy about all that's happened to me, but god, I wouldn't have it any other way.