Fuckin' Niagara Falls

Start from the beginning

The water that slipped down his legs and was circling the drain was stained red with blood. Typically blood didn't bother him, but there was just something about where this blood came that made his stomach churn.

Dean forced himself to take a deep, steadying breath as he cast his eyes up towards the ceiling. He couldn't look at the mess of blood anymore.

'No wonder girls are such asshole on their on their periods,' Dean snorted bitterly to himself 'This shit is fucking disgusting and is uncomfortable as hell!'

As Dean resumed washing his body, he was startled as someone ripped back the curtain.

He jumped in shock and really surprised that he didn't slip and die in the shower right then and there. Dean quickly regained his bearings and was ready to full on assault whatever was coming after him. He paused only for a minute when he realized Cas was standing in front of him, a look of terror filling his big blue eyes.

"You fucker," Dean snarled in anger. On instinct, he tried to punch Cas in the face while attempting to cover himself with the shower curtain. However, instead of hitting Cas, his swing went wide, and he missed which caused him to lose his balance again.

This time, Dean did fall onto his ass, landing hard on the wet plastic base of the shower floor. Pain radiated up his body, and he gasped loudly in pain.

From his place on the ground, Dean glared up and Cas and snarled, "God Damn it Cas you can't do that shit-"

Before he could finish cussing Cas out, he was interrupted as Cas reached down and grabbed him roughly by the shoulders.

Cas shook him hard, oblivious of his own strength, as he practically wailed, "Dean where are you hurt?"

"What the- Cas! Get off of me," Dean roared as he tried to fight free of Castiel's bruising grasp. "I'm not hurt; I'm taking a damn shower! Can't a guy shower in peace?"

Cas looked like he was going to faint when he looked down and saw the red stained water. "Dean, what did you do to yourself? Where are you bleeding? Let me heal you," Cas pleaded as tears formed in his eyes.

"Cas- Cas! Hey, buddy! Calm down a second," Dean answered, reaching up and clasped both of his soaking wet hands on either side of Castiel's face.

Dean knew exactly how bad this must look to Cas right now.

At Dean's words, Cas managed to get calm his emotions, staring worriedly into Dean's bright green eyes.

"Okay, listen, as weird as sounds, I promise you that what's happening is normal," Dean paused before adding. "Well, normal for women anyway."

"What's happening to you, Dean?" Cas asked, furrowing his brow. "You're bleeding everywhere. The beds soaked with your blood. You must be hurt," Cas insisted

'Shit... well, that's how he knew,' Dean thought. He sighed to himself and repeated his statement, "It's okay Cas. All of this is normal." Dean pulled the angel in for a wet hug and kissed the side of his head. "Every month chicks have uh... menstrual cycles or periods- whatever you want to call them, and well... uh, they bleed and stuff."

Dean saw Castiel's nose scrunch up in disgust as he asked, "Why?"

Dean flushed when realized that he would need to have to explain the whole awkward mess to Cas. How was possible that Cas didn't know about this? "Uhh... shit, well umm..." Dean fumbled for the words he needed to explain periods. Eventually, he just said, "Ask Sam about it! He knows a lot more about it than I do."

"A-and you said this is normal?" Cas asked as he looked down at the water. Most of the blood-tinted water had already cycled down the drain by now.