"I don't blame them though," Josephine said as she grabbed the syringe. "You can't be too careful in a world like this. So how did you get bitten by this fox exactly?"

"I heard Isabella scream and I found her being cornered by it," I replied. "I just had to rush in to protect her."

"You're a really good older brother," she responded.

I winced as I felt the sharp needle pierce my skin. She held it there for a while, injecting the clear fluid into my system.

"It's obviously an animal bite by the shape of it," the woman remarked. "You can tell by the four canine marks. But to put the other nuns at ease I'm sorry but I might have to restrain you to the bed."

"Wh-What for?" I muttered, getting nervous. "I'm not infected."

The young woman only gave me a disappointed smile.

"I know," she answered. "We both know that. But like I told you, the other nuns are suspicious and will probably want to wait and see before making any decision. But in the end it's up to the mother superior to decide though."

It was then when the door opened, the creak of the wood piercing the silence. I looked up, and my heart nearly stopped.

There he was. With his deep set eyes and scruffy chin. He wore a denim shirt to match his eyes, and a pair of grey jeans. His brown hair was tussled, slightly messy. Those blue of eyes of his widened, as if he was just as shocked to see me.

My heart jumped in my chest. It took me every fibre of my being to hold myself back from just lunging at him. But I couldn't. I had to bide my time. Isabella needed me alive. I needed to stay here to get my shots –I can't just throw it all away like that. Staring at him dead in the eyes, I could only bite my tongue.

Pacing awkwardly towards us, the young man averted his gaze. Josephine turned to look at him.

"Oh you're finally here," the young woman said as she stood up. "What's wrong with you? You don't look so good."

"I-It's nothing," the man said, stealing a glance at me. "Nothing."

"Since your mother was busy I thought I'd call you down instead," she replied. "Just wanted to tell you that he needs medical attention. Found him and his sister back in Hannalore."

His mother? Wait, so this guy who murdered my dad was the son of the mother superior? I just couldn't believe it.

"Oh," the young man replied, batting his eyelids rapidly. "I see. W-Well I have to go now."

He was about to walk away, but Josephine shot him a glare. It stopped him in his tracks. I could notice his arms trembling slightly, his stormy blue eyes wandered around room restlessly.

"Well, guys," the nun said as she turned to look at us. "This is Leslie. If you ever need anything you could always come and find him. He's like the second-in-charge around this place."

The young man bit his lower lip. Hard.

"Hi," he mumbled, raising his hand slightly. His eyes weren't even looking at me.

With that, he abruptly turned away and walked off. I could hear the young woman heave a sigh, before following him out. I turned to look at Isabella without a word. My heart thumped in my chest. I wanted to jump out and claw at him but I couldn't. Not now.

My little sister's eyes were wide, her sad, sad eyes looking directly into mine. She was scared, terrified. After all, he was the man that had caused us so much pain. So much suffering.

"Just stay calm," I tried to reassure her. "Everything is going to be alright."

She only nodded.