Chapter 24: A Very Drarry Christmas pt 3/3

Começar do início

Luna smiled at Draco all knowingly and offered him a white rose pendant. She whispered something to him, but with all the chatter, he could only make out a few words. He took it and thanked her. Luna was one of the kindest and most understanding he would think to himself.

All night, Harry and Draco had sat side by side, their fingers intertwine when they returned to the common room with the others and let the soft glow of the fireplace light up the area. Each exchanged stories from their pasts and all he could think about was the warmth radiating from the Gryfindor's hand. Eventually, they had to go to bed.

Yawning goodbyes, they returned to bed. They all slept easy that night.

-----

"Draco, wake up" a soft whisper called him

"Mm, no. I want sleep" he mumbled and hugged the sheets closer to his body.

"Come on! Don't you want to see what you've gotten?" the voice had gotten a little louder but was still quiet

"Didn't get gifts" Draco explains sleepily, trying to fall back into that nice dream he was having before.

Suddenly the curtains on his bed were pulled back and light shone through his closed eyes "Hey mate, you should get up before your boyfriend dies of excitement" he tells him bluntly with no indication of emotion other than the smirk he wore

The Slytherin groans and pushes back the sheets and gets up. Harry grabs his wrist and pulls him excitedly to the middle of the room where three piles of presents all stood. One for Harry, one for Draco, and one for Ron.

"Open them up!" he practically jumps up and down from pure joy, it reminded the blond of a puppy.

He was astounded to see so many different boxes, it made him feel so happy. He wishes he could capture this moment and keep it forever, but Ron was probably right, he should do what Harry tells him before he explodes.

Hastily he unwraps three different boxes that were all together and opens them up. Draco is surprised, its a normal muggle sketchbook and some supplies for it. How did...

"Do you like it?" he looked at him anxiously

Draco's surprised look morphed to a soft, genuine smile. "I love it. Oh! I got you something too!"

He rushes to his trunk that sits before his bed, grabbing a neatly made gift wrapped in emerald green paper with a bow of red and gold. He also pulled out two other boxes to give to the others.

"Here" he hands the present wrapped in green to the boy. Draco also turns to give one of the boxes to Ron.

Ron opens his first, it's one of those personalized chocolate assortments from Honeydukes and was filled with candies. "Woah, how'd you even know I liked these?"

"Hermione told me" he answered easily "Which reminds me, I want to give this to her too" he gestures to the other item.

While they talked for that brief moment, Harry had already opened his gift and was reading through the book. The poem was wedged in between some random pages, so he wouldn't find it just yet. 

He smiled so happily, Draco curses himself for not owning a camera to take a picture of his face "This is so sweet" he moved his eyes up and down from the book to Draco fondly "I might just read all these little notes instead of the story itself" 

They continue opening up gifts, Draco got a large looking box and upon opening it, had to stop tears from falling when he saw the letter 'D' hand knitted in one of Molly Weasley's infamous sweaters. He ultimately failed and cried a bit, putting on the green sweater and being told by Ron he was now one of them.