Chapter 24: A Very Drarry Christmas pt 3/3

The first thing Harry did when he woke up that morning was figure out what he wanted to get Draco as a gift. It was already Christmas eve, so that didn't leave much time for him to find something.

The Slytherin was a complex person, both seeming to love expensive brands and luxurious items, but only liking them because it was ingrained into his mind that Malfoys only care for material items such as those. Luckily, after being around him so long, Harry had picked up on things he's mentioned or enjoyed. One of them being muggle literature.

As surprising as it sounds, Draco really enjoys reading from famous muggle authors. Anytime Hermione visits, he asks her about any books she had recently finished and will pull a book from his trunk and exchange. 

There was also that thing with the notebook. He saw it so frequently, but never once did he ask the other boy about it. It seemed like his safe place so he didn't bother for it, well until now when he realized he needs to get something quick for Christmas. 

Slowly, he tries piecing together what it might be until he recalls the number of colouring supplies he kept next to the book. Then it all clicked.

It's for drawing! 

That makes so much sense now.

Harry knew then what he wanted to get for Draco, and he was positive that this would be one of the best gifts ever.

----------

Three hours have already passed and still no sign of a normal sketchbook anywhere. There were dozens of magical ones that could bring paintings to life or would play music or something, there was also a screaming one, who wants a bloody sketchbook that screams every time you open it?! All Harry wanted was one normal sketchbook to get. Forget about books, just the sketchbook at least. 

He almost gave up hope on finding anything when suddenly he had come across a store that seemingly only sold muggle items. This was perfect. He scoured  through the items, making sure to leave no stone unturned. At last, he found the item he had been searching for. It was leather bound and brown in color. Unsuspecting and without magical trinkets. The pages felt sturdy and there must've been about a hundred total. Harry grabbed some fancy looking drawing pencils and a marker set then purchased the items. 

Soon later he had made it back to the castle, found some wrapping paper and carefully wrapped up the gifts. He put them all together and tied them in a stack like Hermione had taught him. Finally, Harry attached a small paper that read: To Draco, From Harry. It was complete and now all he was to do was hide it away until tomorrow. 

Meanwhile Draco had been planning a Christmas gift for weeks. He spent ages on a sappy little poem and wanted to give the Gryffindor one of his favorite books with a bunch of notes and doodles he wrote on the pages about the story. It was something so personal and intimate, he was happy that they were this close that something like this would be sweet instead of creepy.

Before dinner, all the eighth years were huddled together in the common room, some singing songs while others passed around chocolate drinks. This was a sight that made Draco glad that Harry Potter and his dorky friends had saved him all those times. He was angry at first for it - he wanted nothing more than to perish, but life has so much to offer. So much to see. 

The blond Slytherin boy sat huddled up next to the boy-who-lived, they were laughing, talking, and joking with the others. They all moved to the Great Hall to eat food and talked even more. Ron was cramming so much food into his mouth, Hermione had to force him to slow down in fear he'd choke and die. They all burst out in loud laughter when not even ten seconds later he did choke and drank his entire glass of pumpkin juice to stop coughing. Of course he was fine, his ego might've been just a little bruised, but he chuckled along too.