Chapter 3: Big News

"What do you mean he didn't want to do it with you?" Amanda said through the phone.

"I don't know, he just said he wanted my first time to be special." I replied.

"What a lie" Amanda said.

"Why do you think that?"

"What guy refuses to do the one thing all guys want to do with a girl?"

"Ryan."

"Well maybe it's because you've gained a few pounds. Guys are crazy like that."

"You really think that's why?"

There was silence through the phone and then i decided to just hang up. How could she say something like that, she was basically calling me fat. I layed back in my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I was still so insecure.

*You have one new message*

It was from Ryan.

"Hey babe, i'm sorry about tonight. Can i make it up to you tomorrow? Yes? Okay it's a date."

I smiled at the text, he always knew what to say to me.

"I guess i have no say in this?" I replied.

"Not at all (;"

Amanda was probably just jealous. Ryan loved me for me, he truly loved me. I didn't care about what anyone else thought because i had the best of both worlds.

"I'm home." My mom said from downstairs.

It was 11:30PM, she was early.

I rushed downstairs and saw her standing there with chinese food. I crossed my arms.

"Why are you home so early?" I asked.

"I wasn't feeling too good." She replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah okay."

"So how was your day?" She asked as if she cared when i know she didn't.

"Usual, had sex, smoked weed, got herpes. Same old same old." I said giving a fake smile.

"I heard Ryan came over. I wanted to meet him but i couldn't be home any earlier than this."

"Of course you did mom. Goodnight." I said turning around to go back upstairs to my room.

She didn't care for me. All she wanted to do was work, i've never spent any time with her. She missed most of my birthdays because of work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey hunny, wake up." My dad said shaking me.

"What do you want." I squinted my eyes to see my mom and dad standing beside my bed.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"We have to talk to you." My dad said as if he was about to give me the worse news.

"About?" I asked curiously.

"Well, we're getting a divorce." My mom said quietly.

My eyes got wider. My heart kind of stopped. I know i didn't show it very much but i loved both of my parents to the max. I didn't want to see the split up.

"I'm leaving and i'm taking you with me." My mom said.

"What? Hell no! You can't just take me away! What the hell, it's not my fault you two are getting a fucking divorce!" I shouted trying to hold back my tears.

"Dani, you're coming with me wether you like it or not!"

"And where are you leaving to MOM? Are we still going to be in the city? Are we going to be close to my friends?"

They both looked at each other and avoided the question. What the hell. How could they do this to me.

"I'm not going! I'm not fucking going with you! I'm staying here with Dad!" I shouted.

"Dani, you should listen to your mother." My dad said.

I looked at him in shock. How could my dad say that.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, it was 2:30 PM Ryan would be here soon.

I got up and got my backpack, i stuffed tons of random clothes inside of it. I was only wearing shorts and a lose half shirt but i didn't really care.

"What are you doing?" My mom asked.

"I'm not fucking staying in this house. Ryan is coming to get me. I hate this family!" I said as the tears rushed down my face.

"You're not going any where Danielle!" My dad shouted back.

"Fucking watch me!"

I speed walked down the stairs and my parents were right behind me.

I looked out of the window and I saw Ryan pulling up.

"I wish i was born into another family." I said in a whisper voice.

"Dani, you will not leave out of that door. You will stay here and we will talk." My mom said in a calm voice.

"TALK ABOUT WHAT? I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE SO WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HUH? EXACTLY."

I opened the door and stopped.

"You never think about what i want." I finally said and as i walked out i felt something come over me.

Disgust? Anger? Abandonment? It was all three of those built into one emotion.

I slammed the car door as i got inside.

"Woah, what's all that?" Ryan said.

"I just. I can't stay there Ryan. I can't." I said as tears started to flow from my eyes.

Ryan slid his hands through mine.

"What's going on?" He said sounding really concerned.

I looked at him, i didn't want to tell him i was leaving him. I didn't want to tell him i was moving. I loved him.

"My parents are getting a divorce." I said barely getting each word out.

"Babe, i'm sorry. It'll be okay i promise." He said as he smiled at me.

"No, that's not it.. I'm moving Ryan."

"What?"

"I'm moving. My mom wants to take me with her, and she's not just moving houses. She's probably moving states." The tears started coming faster and faster.

Ryan's hand slowly drifted away from mine and he looked away from me. I turned to look at him and i could see the sorrow in his face.

"So you're leaving." He said sounding lifeless.

"I don't know. I don't. There's a big possibility."

There was silence for a long time and then I said, "Ryan, don't be angry please."

He looked at me and smiled, "Let's go have a good time."

He leaned over and gave me a kiss.

I hated when he did this, he bottles up all his feelings. He doesn't let me in and see what he's really feeling.

As we drove off my house started to look smaller and smaller. I didn't ever want to go back to that place.