Chapter 2

part 2

"Here we are!" Talath cheers.

The town of Bear Creek lay before them. It's a small town with few people but it's close to the academy. It's a farming town, which is odd due to the fact that it's on a mountain and the soil is poor. From what the group can see, everyone's outside.

The adults are buying or selling goods or farming. The children on the other hand, are playing games or helping their folks with a chore. Halneth is smiling at the children we pass. Talath is sitting on Kale's shoulder, observing the streets.

Before long, the foursome reaches the academy. It's a good three miles North of Bear Creek, far enough to not get to much attention. It's a pure white stone castle that is built into the mountain. It looks to be about a good four stories high if you don't count the towers. Stables are right to the left. The cliff face is filled with what looks to be caves made into homes.

Halneth snaps the reigns, trotting to the stables next to the castle. They drop off the wagon and horse thanking the stable hands.

"So this is where I leave you. the main office is just inside, can't miss it." Halneth says before entering the building.

kale takes a deep breath before entering. Inside is not what he would've expected.

The floor is hard wood and the walls are covered in paintings of both men and women. Golden and silver trophies are displayed in glass cases. The place is surprisingly warm.

Kale walks through the grand room to the first door. It swings open without him touching it. A large man with a burly mustache stands there, a smile on his face.

"Headmaster Oaken Jalice, how may I help you?" he asks.

"Hi, um, I'm Kale Uthendox." kale says shakily.

"Ah, we've been awaiting you, Kale." Jalice grins widely, "Where's Talath?"

"Right here, Sir!" Talath chirps as she crawls out of Kale's hood.

"Talath, can you get Kale some school clothes?" jalice asks.

"Course, Sir!" Talath nods her scaly head. "com'n Kale!"

Talath jumps down from Kale's shoulder, her claws clinking as they hit the ground. She runs down the hall, Kale by her side.

"So there's one big thing you should know." Talath starts. she pauses for dramatic effect before continuing. "This school has no place in time."

"What do you mean?" Kale asks.

"Well, the school sits on a time vortex. So that people from all times can become a dragon rider here. So you'll be seeing people from the twenty first century, your time, the twenty second century, any and every time. You should be seeing new technology too. I have a feeling that you'll love the iPhone 36. Or maybe the jackvest." Talath explains.

"Anything else I should know?" Kale asks.

"Yea, the academy is split into different dorms: Attor, Ryuu, Thyra, Tulveir, and Sivath. Attor is the fierce dorm, made up of the fiercest types of dragons. Ryuu is like the happy go lucky one. Thyra is for the rare dragon breeds. Tulveir is for the darker dragon breeds, like myself. Sivath is for the wise and antisocial dragons." Talath explains. "Their riders share most of the same traits. Like Carith and Halneth, they belong to the Sivath."

"How do riders find their dragons?" Kale asks, catching on that Talath won't be his dragon.

"Oh right, tonight, after dinner, the new riders go to the valley to find their dragon." Talath informs him. She stops right in front of a door. "Here we are! Inside is the clothing you'll wear till you have your dorm and dragon. Go find something that fits."

Kale walks in the room while Talath waits outside. The room is filled top to bottom with grey, black, and white clothes folded neatly on shelves. Each shelf is labeled with the sizes. Kale picks out a pair of black pants and a grey jumper and changes into them.

"They fit perfectly!" Talath cheers as Kale comes out.

"What should I do with my old clothes?" Kale asks, holding up his old clothes.

"Throw it in the basket right inside the door." Talath chirps.

Kale does as he's told and throws the clothes in the basket.

"Great, I'll show you to the dinning hall!" Talath sings and scurries off, Kale right beside her.