Chapter 2

===Foxy's POV===

      It's my eighth birthday. My heads filled with ideas of cake and presents, as we drive through a dark street towards home, the orange glow of the street lamps leading us. Just me and my father. I remember him taking me to the movie theater, just me and him.
      That's when it happened... a car pulls right out in front of us while we're going forty-five... my dad had no time to stop, and we ended up in a head on collision.

      Everything happens in slow motion... the sound of metal bending and twisting as well as glass shattering. The car comes to a sudden jolt, deploying the air bags and lurching us forward.
      I remember everything... all the blood that flowed from his mouth and head where the glass had cut him... and I remember the slicing pain the shards of glass inflicted as they cut and stab into my small body. One of them puncturing my head, just above my right eye. Nearly blinding me as I tried desperately to crawl away from the wreck. Blood pouring down over my face, my vision becoming a blurry crimson. Pain seers through my leg as I try to stand but fall back down. A large piece of metal lodged into my upper thigh.

      Distant sirens echo through out my mind as I watch the other driver, who murdered my father, pull himself away from his broken and destroyed car. Still alive. I look back to where I was once trapped and see my father, still, motionless... lifeless.

      "Dad?" I say quietly.
      "DAD." I become more worried until I realized what happened.
      "DAD!" I finally start to scream... scream until I wake.

      A cold sweat pours from my head as I breath heavily. My heart races through my chest as I sit curled up in a ball with my head tucked in. The image of my father branded on my mind for me to see everyday.
I'm suddenly startled by my door bursting open and my mom rushing in. Concerned with the sudden screaming.

"Foxy what's wrong? Are you alright?" She practically yells as she kneels at my beside. Unsure if I should tell her or not, I just stare at her with a blank deadness in my eyes.

"i'm fine... just a nightmare." I lie blatantly. Its so much more than just a nightmare. My eyes sting from trying to hold back hot tears that are ready to flood down my face.

It's nothing a kid should ever see in their life. Their parent murdered before their very eyes. The life draining out of their eyes in an instant. And they shouldn't be reminded of it every time they look at themselves. Just like scars that cover my body that remind me everyday of who I lost and the overwhelming pain I felt.

When the police and the ambulance finally arrived, I had lost a lot of blood from my injuries. The feeling of weakness that covered me made me feel sick. Helpless. And I never wanted to feel that again and I still don't.

The paramedics loaded me up into the back of the ambulance and we raced off towards the hospital while the police stayed behind to survey the scene. My cuts and gashes were so deep that I had to get stitches lots of them. From my stomach scars all the way up to the one that almost cost me an eye. The physical and emotional pain flows through me as I lay there replaying every moment in my mind. Over and over again, watching my father die again and again.
The kid that was called in, was not the one that they found... the one saved had become broken.

      Finally I return to the present, where mom is still trying to get through. I still continue to stare at her with a deadness in my eyes when I notice a stream of tears rolling down my face. With haste I wipe away the weakness and get out of bed. Mother grabs my arm, and looks up at me with her motherly concern burning in her eyes.