King Dedede/Older! Reader (64)

(In this you're in your early 40's and human)

(edited:7/21/18)

You had lived a wild and an imaginative life in the world of the King's Kingdom. Adopted as one; being the only human-- Once you were found by the popular pink warrior in the woods nearly being engulfed by Whispy Woods himself! The gratefulness of people to have you as a simple yet exciting piece of company was all you could wish for. Since being an individual who was alone and unnoticed was what you dreamed of ditching from your past life. You were in a happier world now, living in the one and only King Dedede's castle.

The stubborn King at first hardly acknowledged you and only cared about his gluttonous habits. Though, as you developed, he noticed you wouldn't linger for much longer in his palace.

Everyone had to grow up, but it took quite long, especially even the young puffball Kirby himself. 

You were now on the balcony of the castle, staring blankly at the thick blanket of orange and maroon hues brewed in the sky to make an unforgetting sunset afternoon view. Your hair was becoming slightly shorter, but it swayed normally nonetheless. 

You idle accepted the small, almost inaudible footsteps coming from the back of you. Only for you to become completely alert of a familiar presence that made it by your side, the King himself.  You gave out a soft look, looking dearly to the royal penguin with that oh-so-adorable look he had just as a baby penguin would have. You recognized quickly though he wasn't returning the expression. 

A long silence moved in the atmosphere; trees waving, air gently breezing before he put his abrupt, firm voice to the scene:

"You....uh.. remember the time I told ya about mah adventure gettin' those..uhh..what'ja mac- 

"the crystal shards?" you entered in suggestion before he snapped his gloved palm in accomplishment

"yeah, yeah! that's it! um.. and before you came here years later I uhh..gave you one that was a replica?"

"hehe, yes, I recall you even said you didn't even want to give it to me, yet you still did"

"well, of course, because, we-well-" he scratched his hat dumb-founded and left without a comeback"y..you know what I meant!" he growled, his thick country accent steaming in his voice

"mhm, ya love  me, Dedede~" you teased before he gripped his hat stubbornly

He only shrugged, folding his arms...

....

....

....

"Dedede..." you began, folding your left thumb over the other, feeling your eyes lower and your arms tighten.

"You know I won't be here forever, will ya, penguin?"

he nodded simply, the idea already hurting his head.

"yeah- but... agh, I guess ya mighty self will have to go on without me, huh, ___? Boy, who will eat all this cake with me?" he chuckled, but it died down...quick

You took a pitch of breath "Dede, once the wind takes me away,"

you looked to him sternly

"will you promise to make  more road of life for the newcomers of this land?"

He stayed idle before finally making a low nod. Patting his back, you asked if you two could have a seat with Mochi and green tea

he lit up slightly, but not before giving your frame a nice hug. Pausing, you lightly returned the gesture, not to stretch a muscle too much. You stayed there before a hot drip of water hit the floor and your royal attire.

"Dedede? You..you're-"

"no no! it's just- hck- liquid pride, from me being tha best caretaker for you for the longest t-time!"

You both slightly chuckled before entering another room to eat the small snack you two were thinking of.

Such a nice afternoon