Chapter 5 - Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"I can teach her everything she needs to know and when we return you can fill her in on anything I may have missed. We leave the day after tomorrow."

He went to his room and changed into his silk sleep pants. There was no way he was sleeping tonight. No one was going to get to her, not Hux, not anyone. She was his

He reached for her mind.

"Are you awake?"

"Yes."

"I can't sleep."

"Me neither."

"I want to come out there and sleep in the chair near you, would that be ok?"

"Yes."

He padded out to his bedroom and sat down in the lounger.

He imagined all kinds of scenarios where Hux was breaking in to try and get to her. Part of him knew it was crazy, but part of him also knew she was too important to risk being complacent. He would keep her safe, guard her while she slept, defend her from any threats.

After a while, he could tell that she was sleeping. She was dreaming. Wait, no it was a nightmare.

She cried out in her sleep.

"No. Stay away from me. No. Please don't.."

It pained him physically. He probed her mind, to see the dream. Someone was hurting her. He watched.

Unkar Plutt had hit her, back handed her right across her face, while two others held her. This was a memory. She held her face and sobbed, she was so small. He invaded her dream and lopped off Plutt's head with his lightsaber then turned to her. He will never harm you again. I will always keep you safe. He went to her and held her in his arms as she sobbed.

She stirred and woke up, tears stained her face. He was still feeling her pain from his chair and he was angry. He balled his hands into fists and tried to control himself. Unkar Plutt would be held accountable. How dare he strike her and make her feel so helpless.

He would not be allowed to live. It was a simple fact.
The windows rattled and the furniture vibrated as he tried to hold back his wrath. It was much harder to contain than usual.

Rey sat straight up in bed.

"He hurt you. How dare he do such a thing....."

The rattling intensified, he was probably shaking the entire ship.

"Yes, but that was before. It's over now."

"I will show him what helplessness is...what pain is.."

His sanity was hanging by a thread. If he didn't get control of himself, he might damage the ship.

"Ben, Come here."

He didn't move.

"Please."

He went to her, still struggling with the dark power that was surging around him. He didn't want to accidentally hurt her.

She pulled him down onto the bed and wrapped her arms around him. She spooned herself up against his back, and ran her hands over his chest, massaging him, petting him.

Those muscles...he was so solid....

She didn't say a word. She breathed in and out deeply and slowly, and buried her face in his mane of hair. She breathed in his scent. It had changed a little, she could smell herself there too, from when he had rubbed her wrist on his neck. Something about that made her feel satisfied.

She kept holding him and breathing that way until his own breathing slowed and matched hers. She was drawing on her instincts. Omegas were known for their ability to calm their Alphas. His darkness and anger dissipated.

He tried to get up.

This probably wasn't a good idea....it's not really appropriate, yet...

"No. Can you not see this is where you belong?"

She layed back down and pulled him with her. He could feel her breasts through her silk gown pressing up against the bare skin of his back. She was holding him at his back, just like the dream.

He was glad because he didn't want her to feel physically how much he wanted her right now.

She burrowed her face into his hair, resting her chin on his shoulder, rubbing her neck against his. Their bare skin was touching in places, it was comforting. He listened to her breathing and heartbeat. He felt peaceful, this was right, so right. He didn't deserve her. She was pure light.

When he woke the next morning, Rey was still holding on to him. It was the best sleep of his life. She stirred right after him. He propped himself up on his elbows and turned to her.

"You are amazing, absolutely unreal, I don't know how you did what you did last night, but thank you."

He picked up her hand and kissed it.

"Is this weird?"

"Is what weird?"

"Waking up with me."

"Strangely, it's not weird at all. It seems...right."

She gave him her smile. His heart did a thing in his chest.

"I wish I could have seen the look on my Mother's face when she found us out here in bed together.."

Now he was smiling.

"I'm going to shower then we can figure out what you want to do today. Just don't open the door to anyone or go out until I come back please. Your scent is enough to cause a mutiny."

Rey stretched out on the bed. She was enjoying their combined scent that was all over the pillows and sheets. It was somehow so much better that way.

What had she gotten herself into? She had known him less than one day and they ended up sleeping in the same bed. But wasn't that what she had always wanted? Her body was doing crazy things.

All she could think about was his scent, his muscles, the way his eyes looked when he was looking at her, and how safe and protected she felt with him. How she felt like she knew him, had always known him.

Then there was the kissing. Oh. His lips. How he had licked her wrist and she had all but passed out from the jolt of pleasure that it had sent through her...She shouldn't think about that too much. Everything was throbbing again and Hmm...This was new, her neck was throbbing and sensitive now too.

Still, she had heard his thoughts. He thought that she was something precious. He had called her Mesh'la, beautiful. How could this be? She was a scavenger from Jakku and he was the most powerful man in the entire Universe. Yet somehow he thought she was precious.

She was spread out on the bed getting lost in her thoughts when she heard a scraping at the door. Was someone trying to get in?

"Ben! Someone's scraping at the door..."

"Run, lock yourself in Mother's bedroom, I'm coming." He turned off the water and put his sleep pants back on, he was still wet, they were sticking to his legs slowing him down. "Kriff!"

She got up and started to run toward the hallway when the door slid open and someone grabbed her from behind.