Chapter 4 - Instincts

Start from the beginning

Now Rey was beet red.

His voice was hard, there was menace in his tone and body language as he stared down the Beta, Hux.

I Supreme Leader. The time for politeness had passed. He would not embarrass and disrespect her this way.

"Her biological status is no concern of yours. You would do well to remember that she is no concern of yours."

"You will be more respectful to her in the event that you are ever allowed to be in her presence again."

He wouldn't be, he thought to himself.

"General Hux, I will see you tomorrow afternoon at 1400 in the training hall. Don't be late."

"But Ren.."|

"You will address me properly."

"Yes, Supreme Leader."

Yes, he was going to pay for what he had just done.

He strode quickly away from Hux before he could embarrass her more.

"Shabuir! Don't pay any attention to him Rey, He's insufferable. And please don't feel embarrassed. You can be yourself with me."

"Did you just call him a Jerk in Mando'a?"

"You speak Mando'a?"

"I speak a few languages. I learned from the traders that would come to the Niima Outpost. It helps when you are bartering, or doing work on their ships.

"Wait. You know how to work on starships?"

"Yes, and I also know how to fly them, although I was never allowed to leave the atmosphere of Jakku."

"That's amazing. Who would have thought someone as pretty as you was a mechanic and a pilot as well."

It hadn't escaped his attention that she was still under his arm, and she hadn't pulled away. It felt good to have her so close, it was right.

She didn't quite know what to say. They reached the observation deck.

Good, there was no one there, there rarely was.

The deck was a clear dome that gave a full view of space. The stars rushed by and it gave you the impression that you were outside of the ship looking into space.

"Oh, this is magnificent! I've never seen space quite like this."

Her face expressed all the wonder of a child.

"I'm glad you like it, like I said it's my favorite spot on the ship. I usually like to sit here."

He seated her next to him on a long sofa that faced the front of the ship, so it looked like the stars were coming right at you.

He kept her under his arm, as they sat down. He didn't want to lose the physical contact with her. She didn't try to move out from under it either. That was good.

" I wanted to tell you something Rey, and I know it might sound a little strange to you, but I had a dream of you. When I first saw you, I knew it was you, because I had already dreamed of you."

"Really? What happened in the dream?"

He was speaking softly to her. It was very intimate, as if they had known each other for years.

"I was having a hard time sleeping, like I always do, and you came and curled up next to me and helped me sleep."

She couldn't believe what she was hearing.