I am pleased with how I dealt with him, I didn't think our first encounter would be so smooth. But I kept my chin up and dealt with him like a grown woman and not the scared teenage girl that he toyed with ten years ago. Closing my eyes I reached to sleep the eventful day off when the phone on the nightstand rang.

Brows pulled together, I reached for the phone expecting Tess but as my gaze settled on the screen I frowned. The number was one I haven't seen before.

"Hello."

There was no response from the other end and that only pricked my suspicion of unknown caller. Again I repeated the greeting readying to hang up when a raspy voice spoke my name causing my heart to leap to my throat.

"Wes?"

Again he was silent as curiosity ate away at me. My fingers tightened around the phone as the seconds ticked by with still no reply. Having enough after a minute passed I broke the silence "Wes, what's going on?" I asked as I sat up properly

"I need you."

*********

Racing through the entrance of the hospital I passed a group of doctors stepping out for a cigarette break. With my heart lodges in my throat I dashed through the patients readying to exit the hospital, I skipped the front desk that had over ten people crowding the thin woman who attempted to answer their questions as best she could. She would be no help to me if I have to wrestle those other people off of her. Starting towards the waiting room I ignored the stares I received from the other patients as I jogged through a pair of swinging doors. Wes claiming he needed me earlier had me confused and fully awake but his next words are what had me running through a hospital like a mad woman. He gave me the address to this hospital and asked me to come and just hung up leaving me thinking the worse case scenarios.

So the fact that strangers were gawking at my sky blue satin pajama bottoms and tank top didn't effect me at all, all I could think about was finding Wes, preferably not in one of theses beds. The he I had of finding Wes standing and well dwindled as I spotted his family sitting in the waiting room. Carrie sat with her long hair curtailing over her face, hands clasped with Marbella who's eyes were brimmed red as she stared up at the ceiling. Standing by a pair of swinging doors was Anna who had her back to her sisters, her head rested on Dominic's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. The scene before me frightened me further as I approached the family. Marbella spotted me first, her eyes narrowing as I stood between them.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed, although it was so intimidating since her voice cracked from the tears she attempted to hold back

Carrie snapped her head up, surprised to see me as Anna whipped around an identical look of shock on her face. Ignoring their confusion I didn't bother beating around the bush and asked the question invading my mind since Wes hung up "Is Wes okay?"

All three sisters shared a look of puzzlement, Anna nodded "Wes is fine." she assured me

Of all the sisters she was the most collected, although her eyes were puffy she wasn't crying at the moment like Marbella or trembling like poor Carrie who stared up at me like a lost child.

Stepping forward I asked "Then where is he?"

"He's behind those doors." Dominic answered and pushed one door open with his free arm

Like a woman possessed I sped forward scanning the hallway when I spotted a familiar dark head bowed a few feet away. He stood with his forehead resting against the white wall of the hospital, hands raised over his head. My heart leapt in pure joy when I realized it was Wes. Forgetting the multiple eyes behind me watching I started toward him deaf to the world around us as my blood pumped furiously in my ears with every step that brought me closer to him. The emotions parading through me were mixed; relief being the most important one, over the moon with happiness that he was really fine, angry that he left me thinking something happened to him, and thankful he was laying in