Chapter Ten - Bathrooms & Butterflies

*Sorry for the delay. I'm addicted to Vampire Diaries at the minute. It's made me want to write a vampire fic. But more importantly, thank you for reading.* 

After Ashlee left, slowly everyone else did too. The happy couple went their separate ways, with Patrick staying to do something with Gabe. When I say staying, it was more Gabe coaxing Patrick into doing drugs with him with pure peer pressure and charm. Trust me, I've been there.

And I vowed never to touch anything provided by Gabe Saporta ever again.
.
I think I can still taste the play-dough from the last misendevour...

Gabe offered me to tag along but as I said, I'm boycotting Gabe Saporta infested merchandise. He whined for a bit after I declined, clearly trying to set Patrick and I up again. Believe me we don't need to, I've seen him enough to last a lifetime tonight I think.

Although it still doesn't feel enough.

I told him I'd check up on them in an hour or so to make sure they're not lying dead in the bathroom. Patrick paled when I said it, so naturally I went into detail with it. Gabe laughed and walked away with his arm tightly wrapped around a frightened Patrick.

I knew he hadn't actually changed that much. From all his sudden confidence I was beginning to worry.

I check the time on my phone; 2:32am. It's been about 45 minutes but I'll check on them just incase. Plus Gabe's always a lot of fun when he's out of it and I don't want to miss anything to ridicule him over later. The only downside is if he's too screwed up then I'll have to help him back to his room. And Patrick's never even done coke, especially not Gabe's coke so I'll have to help him back to our dorm too.

Maybe I should have stopped him, I'm too tired for this shit.

I could just leave, let them get on with it. But then Patrick might get mad. Or one of them could get hurt, or lost or both. Yeah I better check. Just incase.

I trudge away from the spot in the back of the club I've been standing at for so long I think there's dents in the floor shaped like my feet and ignore the judging look from the bartender !that probably means he thinks I'm a loser because I've stood mostly by myself all night, and set down my glass at the bar.

"At least I'm not fucking working here." I mutter, although he hears because his eyes tear away from me and he picks up the glass to dry, his chin stuck up in the air. Arrogant bastard. "Fill it up again by the time I'm back." I say tiredly, receiving a glare from the bartender. "Please." I add, stressing the word. The man huffs and mumbles something under his breath I'm glad I didn't hear.

I strut away feeling quite insulted and head to the bathroom, Patric's giggles already audible from outside the door. I chuckle to myself, ready for whatever dumb thing he could be laughing at so- Wait a second.

"Jesus, Patrick!" Gabe gasps from inside. I raise an eyebrow and open the door to see Gabe backing up from Patrick, who's giggling wildly. They both freeze, Gabe looking petrified at my sudden entrance and Patrick still giggling.

"Pete, I-" Gabe holds his hands up in defence and walks over to me. He doesn't look like he's taken anything. Then again, Gabe can hold his liqueor and his drugs very well for an eighteen year old. "I swear I didn't try anything." He looks scared. Like he's afraid I'm going to punch him in the face or something. Which is absurd because he didn't do anything, Patrick did. Or.. he tried at least. 

"What happened?" Patrick's hanging around near the mirror, smiling giddilly and talking to his reflection in a strange, excited voice I've only heard him use when he's talking about something he loves. I can't make out a word he's saying though. He's talking too fast.