Chapter 17

Newt tilted his head and hummed in his sleep. He curled up in his cold bed, trying to reach his hand towards Thomas.

His hand travelled through the sheets but he couldn't feel his warmth next to him anymore.
Newt woke up.

Of course.

Thomas was gone.
At least he had stayed for the night...

Newt sighed and sat up. He rubbed his face and ran fingers through his soft blomde hair. At least he will see Thomas at school today.

"If Newt finds out that you are not at school then he will kill you! Especially when he would know that you are here." Minho snorted and shook his head as a disapproval.

"I know! I know... But I have to find out more about WICKED. What if they are in town like professor Stacey said? They will try to hurt Newt and everyone who I love..." Thomas moved his phone as he tried to get a better quality of Minho through their facetime. There was quite bad connection here.

"Yeaah, well. You can do it. I am the guy in the chair and you will kick criminals' asses. Soon everything will be full of rainbows and sunshine again!"

"The guy in the chair? What's that supposed to mean?" Thomas chuckled while working on one of the locks of the door and opening it easily. Child's play.

"Ooh you know. That dude who helps his superhero friend and all that, collects your fanmail and so on hmhmm"
"You just made it up."
"I didn't!"

"Besides I don't even have a fanmail" Thomas moved the flashlight across the room
Minho snorted. "But you have lots of fans. Fangirls would tear you apart if they would know who you actually are."
"I love the fact that I am in a cold institute room and I am talking with my weird asian friend through a device something about my fans and idendity like really, this will help to figure my main problem out. Nice and clearly"
"I know right that's why I am useful and you love me."
"Mhm" he knelt down and pulled over some old files
Minho gasped. "But do you love me as much as Newt??"
"Seriously man?" Thomas glanced to his phone screen and sighed "You just keep talking and talking non stop." He tried to be serious but he couldn't keep a straight face for long. Minho was just like that.

But who wouldn't love a friend like Minho? With all the responsibility to keep Thomas's idendity secret and help him figure out problems what could be next danger to his hometown. And he was the normal human here. Well, for Thomas, Minho was the actual real hero.

Thomas bit his lip and pulled out a file that he was looking for "Gotcha."
"Great great. And now please get out of there."
"It's fine Min don't worry about the guards"
"I am not worried about the damn guards. I am more worried about Newt seeing you! He sees you and you are a dead."

Thomas blinked his eyes.
"Wait. Why would he- He is here??"
"Yeah, uh"
"...why he is here?"
Minho shifted on his seat.
"Minhoo."
"I might or might not have told Newt about your plan... Just a bit."
"You had one shucking job!"
"Why I feel like I am in a meme..."
"Minho!"
"No this is Patrick."
"Stop acting weird Minho AND avoiding me Mi-"
"Oh noo what? I can't hear you!! Whaaat? Beep beep disconnect disconnect bad connection error." And then Thomas's phone went blank.

He stared at his phone silently for a moment.
What is more dangerous than a boyfriend full of rage?
"Well I guess I will mentally prepare to die then." Thomas sighed and pressed the button.
A figure was standing in front of the door. Thomas nearly dropped the file.

"Going somewhere?"
Newt was wearing a white lab coat and to be honest, it suited him pretty well. Thomas would have took more time to admire how good Newt actually looked in a simple clothing like that but then he was reminded of his death.
Newt folded his arms.

"I... I just wanted to clean up the old attict, you know. Had a sweet memories here as a child" Thomas grinned and hid the file behind his back.

Newt raised his brow and Thomas knew that he already knew the full story. Praise Minho.
"Where did you get the card?" Thomas tilted his head curiously.
"It's my dad's. Where did you get yours?"
"I made it. But yet I used um, other methods to get in here."
"Obviously."

Okay this silence was getting creepy.

Newt glanced at the file that was seen behind Thomas and shook his head. "With this file you won't find anything new."
"I know I am working on it... It's probably in another room or-"
Newt waved a folder in his hand. Thomas dropped his jaw. "You stole it?"
"Nah, just borrowed it. And I guess saved my boyfriend from the rest of the trouble. Are you going to school now?"

Thomas wanted to jump on Newt.
"God, I love you..."
He walked over and gave a quick kiss on his cheek "Mwah mwwahh how I adore youu!" He pulled Newt into a tight hug for a moment.

Newt blushed at the comment but cleared his throat when he felt Thomas's hand touching the folder. "On one condition." He pulled it away from Thomas.
Thomas stared at him confused. "What?"

Newt moved his eyes to Thomas with a serious glance. "You won't miss the prom."
Thomas groaned.
"But it's like, in two days! And I can't even dance."
"Small things like that can be fixed. But you will be there, got it?" he glared at the brunette. "No disappearings, no excuses. We will enjoy it like a normal couple."

Thomas ran hand through his hair, thinking. He nodded. "Okay. I promise."

Newt's face lit up for a second but as always he played it off so soon he was back with the seriousness. "Good." He handed over the file.

Thomas grabbed it and whispered to Newt's ear. "You're all cute when you try to stay serious with me, Newtie." He chuckled and kissed Newt's side of his face before running off. Leaving Newt to the institute corridor with the face of glowing with pure happiness.

Everything will go okay again.

Thomas noticed a number next to the other information and chose it.
"Hello? Am I speaking to Janson?
I have something to offer for WICKED."