Chapter 8

Isabella's POV

The heart monitor was beeping so loud and it wasn't helping me to calm down.

"Amor, please calm down. You might hurt the baby with all this stressing." Romero said cautiously.

Once he said that my wolf growled at me to stop, already protective of her pup. I calmed down slowly and the beeping went back to normal. All I knew was right now I needed to see my mom to talk about this.

I looked at Charles, " So what happens now?  Did you check on the baby?  Is the baby alright? " I kept blowing up these questions at him.

" Yes, your baby is alright.  All you need to do is get more water into you, as well as food, and some rest. " I nodded. I went to get off the table and head for the door but Romero stopped me.

"We need to talk." He said calmly,  but his face still looked a little bit upset.

I looked at him confused, " Do you mind if I call my mom first? I need to talk to her."

"Yes, actually I do mind. We need to talk now."

I took my hand out of his grasp angrily , " Too bad. I need to talk to my mother." I stomped off to the bedroom.  I heard him following me so I started walking a little faster  and got there quicker than him. I shut the door and locked it but I knew that wasn't go to stop him so I put a barrier to make sure he wouldn't get it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before transporting to my mom's palace. It wasn't a surprise to find her in the living room with two smoothies. 

"I was wondering what took you so long to get here." She said without even looking at me.

"So I'm guessing you knew that I was going to get pregnant and find a new mate."

"I am the moon goddess after all, I'm supposed to know these things."

"Yeah, well thanks for the heads up.  Really appreciate the whole, you know,  kidnapping, rejection, pregnancy.  What fun I've been having, don't you think? " I asked sarcastically.

"Oh don't be so dramatic. I know what I am doing. I know what will happen  and what you decide. It will be all alright in the end. Although you weren't supposed to find out so soon. So that might change things. "

"Actually you don't know what will happen. Things don't always fall into place. Things happen and then things change in the future. So what I would like to know is what am I supposed to do about this?" I pointed to my stomach.

"What do you mean 'do about this'? You are going to be a mother.  An amazing one too."

"That's the thing though, I'm not ready to be a mom. I'm still a kid. I just found my mate. This baby just messes up everything." I said while pacing

"Now hold on young lady. A baby doesn't mess everything up, a baby helps better your life.  They bring so much joy to your and your mate's  life. Yes, there might be some rough patches, but in the end, you will be so happy."

"But what if my own mate doesn't want the baby? I left the pack already and if I leave this one where am I supposed to go?"

"Anywhere you want. Just transport yourself somewhere and take care of your baby." She smiled reassuringly.

"What am I supposed to tell him?"  I asked.

"Sweetie,  well first off, technically you are dead so you would  need to let  him know 'hey I'm not dead and by the way I'm pregnant and you're the father.'  No father deserves to be left out of their child's life and if he doesn't want the baby then you can go."

I sighed, "Thank you mom." I hugged her.

"Now go back and talk to your mate before he breaks off the door." She chuckles. I nodded and went back.

"ISABELLA! Open this damn door now!" He growled out, while pounding on the door 

I took off the barrier and opened it, "That is no way to talk to your mate." I scolded him.

He pushed himself in, almost bumping me in the process, "I told you we need to talk."

"And I told you already I needed to talk to my mom. I'm here now. Talk." I folded my arms across my chest.

"What are we going to do about this thing  in your stomach? "

I looked at him like he's crazy, " This thing is called a baby. You know, like the one you acting like right now? What do you mean what are we going to do about it? I'm going to have it."

He looked at me incredulously, "You're keeping it?! After what that pack did to you? What he did to you?"

"Of course I'm keeping it. It's my baby. I'll do what I want to do. You can either get on board or I'm out the door." I said while getting ready to walk out the door.

He growled, "MINE!" He went to grab me but I stepped aside.

"I'm only yours if you are in this with me." I looked into his eyes, trying to see what's going on in his head. I would read his mind but that's an invasion of privacy, maybe later.

I could see a debate going on with him and his wolf before he finally spoke up, "I'm here for whatever you need.'

******

I know I haven't updated much, I just recently moved so it's harder to update but I'm settled in now so hopefully I can get one more update before school starts.

How are you guys liking the book so far?

Do you think Isabella will tell Josue about the baby?