Chapter Eight

[Author's Note]
Wow, it's already been a year since I last wrote for this. For all of you who don't know, Fairy Tail has ended; the manga is completed. However, I hear that the final anime season is set to air this year! I remember reading the last chapter last year and thinking I should continue this story. Unfortunately, it kept slipping my mind and I couldn't find the motivation to do it. I'm sorry. 

Yesterday, I spontaneously decided to listen to a piano version of the theme song as I was doing chores, and I was brought to tears by immense waves of nostalgia and love for Fairy Tail. I decided then that I would finish this story--for you guys, for me and for NALU. <3

It brings me such joy to know that so many of you still read this groundless attempt at fan-fiction. I read through all of your comments from last chapter, and I decided to pick FellShipsEverything as the winner of the contest. I found your answer to be very insightful, interesting and unique. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

THIS CHAPTER'S QUESTION: If you could get the Fairy Tail mark, where would it want it on your body and what color would it be? I'm asking because in the midst of my crying yesterday, I told my boyfriend that I was considering getting a tattoo of the guild mark. Just a joke though hehe!

Please enjoy! ♡

»»-------------¤-------------««

[Natsu's P.O.V.]

"Ah, it seems as if the tea did its job," Porlyusica said with a slight smile. I looked up at her with confusion, as did the others. 

"The tea I made for you, it's more than just a delicious warm beverage. I cast a spell on it that I once learned from the Book of Remembrance. It's supposed to reverse the effect of memory erasure magic, but it has it limits. I must cast it on a consumable, or in other words, a food item or beverage. I can only cast it on five consumables at a time. After each time that I cast it, I lose a little of my own memory."

Lucy gasped beside me, and her brows furrowed together in worry for the old woman. Lucy was always the most compassionate one out of our trio. She was careful and considerate on missions, she didn't like to hurt others. It was one of the things I admired about her as a person--uh, I mean--as a partner. Happy and I didn't really like to think before we did things, so she was just there to keep the balance...right? Porlyusica merely laughed when she noticed Lucy's concern.

"Don't look so worried, young Lucy. I'm an old woman, so I can't remember most of my earliest memories anyway. The spell is probably eating away at them, which doesn't matter to me," Porlyusica tried to comfort my partner. Lucy nodded a little and lowered her gaze. It was clear that she still felt bad for Porlyusica. I could see why, the old woman was making a great sacrifice. Although she couldn't recall them anymore, she was still giving up her own memories for us. 

We all sat in thoughtful silence as we absorbed all the new information presented to us. I guess Porylusica was not just a cranky old lady in the woods that liked to yell at me; she was actually really helpful and generous. But Kruden Wake, on the other hand, what a sly bastard. Master Makarov had a good nose when he instructed us to go and investigate him. He seemed to have a better nose than me, and I was supposed to be the dragon slayer! Speaking of Makarov, we needed to go and inform him of the mission's new developments.

"Listen up everyone. I think that we should probably head back to the guild and tell Master Makarov about all this," Erza suddenly spoke up as if she had read my mind. 

"Are you sure that you're feeling okay?" Gray asked.

"Of course. How could I not be okay after Porlyusica's amazing skills, craftsmanship and generosity? No, but really, I can recall a lot of things that I couldn't have before coming here," Erza reassured everyone. Porlyusica smiled and shook her head at the not-so-subtle compliment directed at her.