Chapter Five

Hey guys, school has me worn out, but I'll write for you anyways!

The winner of the last contest is: ChiSatO1

Thanks for commenting and sharing your answers!

This chapter's contest question is: Which character reminds you most of yourself and why?

Also, I'm writing a new book called: The Dream Dragonslayer! It's in the process of creation but it would mean the world if you guys could take a look at it and leave some reviews? You can locate it on my profile. Thanks a bunch!

Enjoy!

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ'ⓢ ⓅⓄⓋ

Natsu shot up like a rocket out of his chair and he grabbed the little boy beside him by the collar.

"You...", he snarled in a low voice. Everyone turned to face the alarming scene unfold. 

"Natsu...what are you doing?", Happy asked tentatively. 

"You've got some explaining to do, you little runt.", Natsu ignored Happy completely and continued to glare down at the boy.

Master Octavian looked uneasy and scooted his chair outwards slowly. 

"I've got to go and get some errands done before we can start the feast properly. Forgive me, Fairytail guests.", he bowed towards our general direction before scurrying off.

"I'm going after him.", Erza immediately said and took her leave without explanation.

What in the world was going on?

"U-um, I d-don't know what y-you're talking about.", the boy whimpered, green eyes wide.

"Don't you lie to me, do you know who I am?", Natsu threatened. The boy started tearing up and people were beginning to mummer.

"What's the big deal here?", Gus suddenly spoke up. He came over to Natsu and loosened his grip on the boy as if he was a peacemaker.

"What ever did Jaxon here do to you and your guild?", he asked curiously while holding the boy named Jaxon behind his back.

"He smells like a threat. It's too familiar to pass by. We have to interrogate him, now.", Natsu breathed heavily through his nose.

"Jaxon? What did you do now?", Gus turned to Jaxon. Jaxon bit his lip and started tearing up.

"I was told to do it, not because I wanted to.", he finally answered.

"Bull crap! He's not admitting the whole thing!", Natsu spat in anger.

"I s-stole a book from Fairytail's library.", Jaxon was nearly inaudible. 

"Who gave you the order and where is it now?", Gray demanded, joining the conversation.

"I can't remember...", Jaxon bowed his head in shame. 

Natsu let out a frustrated groan, and Gray threw his hands up. I got up and made my way over to the group to talk to Jaxon. None of these brutes understood kids like me.

"Jaxon, honey, are you sure you don't remember? That book you took is very special, and many bad things could happen if it is put into the wrong hands. You won't get in trouble, but the person who told you to get the book will.", I looked into his round emerald eyes. They were brimmed with tears, poor boy.

"I really can't remember. I'm so sorry, miss.", he wiped his eyes with his sleeve and Gus sighed.

"We apologize for this mishap. Please, let's just all talk this over a feast, when Master Octavian returns.", Gus suggested sheepishly.

"Where did that guy go anyways?", Gray wondered aloud.

"Yeah, and it's weird, because Erza followed his tail immediately.", Natsu said. 

Just then, a booming sound, much like the sound of thunder, echoed through the dining hall. People shrieked and screamed, and scattered along the hallways in evacuation.

"What the hell was that?", Natsu straightened his scarf with a furrowed eyebrows.

"Beats me, let's go check it out.", Gray unbuttoned a couple buttons on his shirt, probably preparing for combat. 

The remaining six of us, including Jaxon and Gus, ran to the direction where the sound came from. Another ear splitting boom followed suit, making the floor shake.

"Is it an attack? Are the villagers finally losing it?", Happy assumed. 

"Hopefully not, we've been receiving fairly good treatment from them lately!", Gus answered with slight doubt.

"Well you know, it's quietest before a storm.", I quoted while grabbing my keys.

Natsu suddenly stopped, and held out his arm, preventing the rest of us behind him from advancing any further. There was Erza, on the floor, unconscious. I could see the veins on Natsu's neck protrude in anger.

I scanned the room for Master Octavian, but there was merely a burnt circle on the floor in front of Erza. Gray and Natsu ran to her side immediately, and Gus pitched in on carrying her back out the guild building.

Once all of us were out in the smoke-free air, I took a better look at Erza. She didn't look too beat up, but there was a noticeable pink mark on her forehead. 

"Yo, Erza.", Natsu nudged her arm with his foot. She stirred and her eyes fluttered open.

"Erza!", I cried in joy. She seemed to struggle to focus on our faces.

"My head... it feels like it been broken into and sorted through.", she grumbled while rubbing her temples.

"Are you alright? Is there any intense pain we should get help for?", I asked in worry.

"No, I'll be fine. I just feel as if my thoughts have been rummaged through, strange.", she waved her hand at me.

"We should head back to Fairytail and check in on our progress. I guess this 2 day trip will be cut short eh?", Gray suggested. Erza stood up and stretched out her calves.

"Yes, I agree. I need to report to Master on the events that happened.", Erza stated.

"What happened back there anyway? Erza, you were out cold!", Happy bust in.

"See, this is the weird part, I don't really remember anything that happened after cornering that guild's master in a room. I tried to ask him about a couple things but he seemed to be avoiding me. I think there was a burst of really radiant light and then darkness fell over my eyes."

 "That old guy hurt you? Where'd he go? I'm gonna kick his ass! Sorry, Gus.", Natsu grit his teeth.

"No problem. I'm worried about our Master as well. I'll try to contact him via lacrima ball immediately. You all should head back and rest up. I am sincerely sorry for everything that happened in only 4 hours of time.", Gus chuckled.

"Gus-sama, can we perhaps take Jaxon here back with us to Fairytail? We think we know someone who can help recover lost memories. If we can recover his memories, we can recover that book he took from the library.", Gray asked while maintaining eye contact with Gus. Gus fidgeted slightly but pushed Jaxon gently in our direction anyways.

"Alright, but keep him safe, and bring him back soon. He means a lot to our guild, you know."

"Yes, as a member of a guild, I know that everyone is like family and it must feel like giving your son away right now.", Erza smiled warmly. Gus looked at the ground and then at Jaxon.

"Well, sort of.", he mumbled. Then he was suddenly smiling brightly again. 

"Okay then, thank you all for visiting! It was truly an honor! I don't know how many times I've said that!", Gus laughed.

"I just checked the destination board. The next train to Magnolia leaves in 10 minutes, we have to go!", Happy exclaimed out of nowhere.

"Nice meeting you, Gus-sama. Let's go Jaxon!", I waved to the short man and placed my hand on Jaxon's shoulder to lead him. 

Jaxon shuddered at my touch but didn't shy away. This boy was certainly strange. 

I just hoped that his and Erza's memories would return soon.