Kaneki x reader part 2

As soon as Kaneki got off work he had texted you. Texts went back and forth all night.

Ken❤️: hey it's Kaneki I was wondering what time you wanted to go to the signing?

You: any time is good for me. Is there anyway I could invite my friend? And maybe you could invite your friend?

Kaneki ❤️: OH YEAH! By the way this is Kaneki's good looking friend Hide. So is this a double date now?

You: yes?

Kaneki ❤️: I'M SO EXCITED! Okay I guess I'll give Kaneki the phone back now.

Kaneki ❤️: sorry about that

You: it's okay I hope they like each other.

Kaneki ❤️: me too. I also hope you like me. You looked really pretty today by the way.

You: *blushing* thank you.

Kaneki ❤️: g2g Hide is freaking out right now.

You squealed and jumped onto your bed. The phone flew out of your hand in excitement and you couldn't help but giggle until you passed out.

*****Time Skip*****

"(Y/n) what is going to be fun about going to a book signing as a date?" Your friend whined while you walked together to meet the boys.

"I mean what is a good conversation starter? Not books that's boring. I'll look boring like 'hey Hide you come here often' then I'll wink and he'll think I'm stupid."

"Anyone ever tell you that you whine too much?" You retaliated with.

She scoffed. Coincidentally while you two were talking you managed to not look where you were going and walked straight into the back of the boys. Hide caught your friend and you and Kaneki hit the ground.

You blushed majorly and apologized while Kaneki did the same. While next to you, you heard Hide say "already falling for me? So you girls come here often?"

Kaneki helped you up and began to scratch the back of his neck while not making eye contact he lead you into the book store.

Your eyes went wide and you moved towards the first shelf. You couldn't believe how many books there were. Kaneki began to chuckle at how excited you got. "So I'm guessing you've never been to this bookstore?"
You nodded and began to look at more books, Kaneki just followed behind. "I have enough money to but you a book, I mean if you want that is?"

You then turned towards him and Kaneki blushed because your excited face was too cute.

You and Kaneki never got to get a book signed but neither one of you cared. You and Kaneki then decided to go to Anteiku for coffee.

Kaneki had ordered for the both of you and the purple haired girl went to make the coffee. You could feel the girl giving you the death glare but didn't want to tell Kaneki for fear of starting drama.

She brought the coffees to the table and as she did Kaneki had grabbed your hand and started to run his thumb along the side of it. He must have noticed your uneasiness and tried to comfort you.

The purple haired girl then huffed and stomped off to the back. Kaneki then chuckled and asked to walk you home. Once he you thanked him and kissed his cheek before making your way into you apartment.

Kaneki just stood outside your door and placed his hand on his cheek and smiled.

*Later that evening*

Kaneki ❤️: so I forgot to ask and I feel like a dork for forgetting but.... (Y/n)....

You: yes?

Kaneki ❤️: will you be my girlfriend?

You: what about the purple haired girl? Won't she be mad?

Kaneki ❤️: who? Touka? She's just a friend and only a friend.

You: then yes!

Kaneki ❤️: awesome! So seriously though you really think my eye patch makes me seem mysterious?

You: SO YOU DID HEAR ME SAY THAT?!??!

Kaneki ❤️: haha maybe ;)